sponsorship

Guest susanmary38

Guest susanmary38

Hi all

Could someone give me some info.

I sent off for state sponsorship 176 visa 6 weeks ago, we applied on line & followed up paper work, they acknowledged receipt of our paper work 3 weeks ago.

Question is how does the South Australian gov let you know if they will sponsor you or not, and how long does it usually take.

I am 45 on 27th April & as I understand it I must have applied for our visas on line to the Aussie gov before that date.:confused:

Dave N Sue

Guest julianh

It took around 5 weeks for them to let me know (about 4 weeks after they received all my documents) - I received an email to confirm it was successful and then I think they also sent a letter to confirm.

Good Luck with your application.

Guest soggy

Hi,

it took about 4 weeks for me to here by email,my timeline is at the bottom of the page, why not e-mail or phone them, in the contact I have had with them they have been helpful.

Simon

Guest andrew_obrien
Hi all

I sent off for state sponsorship 176 visa 6 weeks ago, we applied on line & followed up paper work, they acknowledged receipt of our paper work 3 weeks ago.

Question is how does the South Australian gov let you know if they will sponsor you or not, and how long does it usually take.

I am 45 on 27th April & as I understand it I must have applied for our visas on line to the Aussie gov before that date.:confused:

Dave N Sue

Hi just wondered how did you apply for a sponsor as i have been looking everywhere for one in SA.

Do you have a web link?

Guest susanmary38

Hi Andrew.

we have applied for state sponsorship 176 visa as my occupation in on the occupation in demand list, see www.immigration.sa.gov.au.

It is the state that offer sponsorship which means they will allow you to settle in S.A, you still need to find work ,etc when you get there.

I'm a sheet metal worker but because of my age [44] I cannot achieve 130 points that you require to apply direct to the Aussie gov for a 175 visa. Both visas are for permanent residency.

there are easier ways of gettin there, a 475 visa which is a temp work visa lasts for 4 years, but you can apply for residency while you are there. There are plenty of companies & agencies that will assist you, try www.workforceaustralia.co.uk but depends on your trades, etc

good luck Dave n Sue

Guest andrew_obrien
Hi Andrew.

we have applied for state sponsorship 176 visa as my occupation in on the occupation in demand list, see www.immigration.sa.gov.au.

It is the state that offer sponsorship which means they will allow you to settle in S.A, you still need to find work ,etc when you get there.

I'm a sheet metal worker but because of my age [44] I cannot achieve 130 points that you require to apply direct to the Aussie gov for a 175 visa. Both visas are for permanent residency.

there are easier ways of gettin there, a 475 visa which is a temp work visa lasts for 4 years, but you can apply for residency while you are there. There are plenty of companies & agencies that will assist you, try www.workforceaustralia.co.uk but depends on your trades, etc

good luck Dave n Sue

Hi i currently had 125 points which is enough for the 175 visa i just wondered if by getting a sponsor i would get into OZ any faster

Guest susanmary38

Hi

475 visa is the quickest way in if you use an employment agent such as the one I mentioned, we were quoted very little money for them to find us a job out in Oz. You could visit one of the expo exhibitions, I think there is one in Leeds shortly.

if you apply for the 175 visa yourself it is a lot quicker & cheaper process than using an immigration agent. But you need to know what you are doing.

Dave n Sue

Guest susanmary38

Hi all

thanks for the advise, I e-mailed S.A on Monday asking how I was progressing, got an answer on Tuesday saying they were looking at my Papers, got an answer today; Wednesday, saying they will sponsor us and now we have to apply to DIAC for our visas.

God we are brickin it & really nervous, but hey just go for it.

Dave n Sue

Guest mossmac
Hi all

Dave N Sue

Hi there,

From sending off our application for sponsorship online and us getting it, it took just under two months, as can be seen from our 'timeline'. Souldn't be too much longer for you.

Sarah

Jan ’07 – Decided we wanted to go and live in Australia!

Feb ’07 – Teaching skills assessment sent off.

Apr ’07 – Teaching skills approved.

May 21st ’07 – Applied for South Australia sponsorship online.

July 12th ’07 – Received sponsorship from South Australia.

July 20th ’07 – Online visa application sent off.

Oct 30th ’07 – Case officer allocated.

Nov 20th ’07 – Medicals done and police checks sent.

Feb 18th ’08 – Medical done for our new baby.

Awaiting our visa ………………………………………………..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Valbeanie

Hi All,

Did you receive a letter to confirm S.A. sponsorship or just the email?

I am about to attach documents to my online visa application to DIAC and they are asking for evidence of sponsorship. I only have an email to confirm. Is it acceptable just to scan in a copy of this email?

Guest mossmac

Hi val

We only received an email confirming our sponsorship. However I sent a copy of this email to DIAC with the following responce:

Dear John

Thank you for your email. The email you pasted below is evidence enough

to

show the sponsorship.

Regards

Caprice Fryters-Martin

Case Officer

Multi Program Processing Team

Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC)

Adelaide, South AustraliaSo that was fine - good luck with the application

Regards

John