Ktee

Arrests at Under 15 Football Match

I wonder if it was the parents or the kids.

Three people were arrested and police were forced to use capsicum spray at an under-15 football match at Tea Tree Gully Football Club on Wednesday night.

Ha ha. My family always used to tell us the story of my grandad getting a life ban from all football matches for threatening to punch the ref (I 'think' it was only threatening anyway) at my, then young, uncles football match.

At least we don't live in Brazil....a referee was beheaded after stabbing a player during a game there.....

At least we don't live in Brazil....a referee was beheaded after stabbing a player during a game there.....

Ohhhhh wow. I've always said sport is bad for you!

Oh wow, some people really do take their sport seriously don't they

The Brazil one was a different sport. So not sure the connection TBH

Please enlighten as both say football, is there different types? I'm not a sport lover.

Yes - there is a TTG Soccer club and a TTG Football club - football being Aussie Rules

Please enlighten as both say football, is there different types? I'm not a sport lover.

Ktee, good question for anyone still in UK, I am sure you just asked to get me to explain, you must know. :tongue:

Football is a generic word used to cover Aussie Rules, Soccer, Rugby Union and League. On the whole if you use the word Football in SA or Vic it will mean Aussie Rules, in NSW Rugby League and QLD Union.

The incident in SA was an Aussie rules game.

This reminds me of when I was a young backpacker and working at stadium Australia in Sydney when it just opened (we had to wear hard hats during the training). The first thing on there was a 'football double header'. They told us it was going to be the biggest crowd in history at 110k people. I was all excited about telling me ex who had been football MAD. It didn't take long for me to realise it didn't look like a normal football game lol.

Ktee, good question for anyone still in UK, I am sure you just asked to get me to explain, you must know. :tongue:

Football is a generic word used to cover Aussie Rules, Soccer, Rugby Union and League. On the whole if you use the word Football in SA or Vic it will mean Aussie Rules, in NSW Rugby League and QLD Union.

The incident in SA was an Aussie rules game.

I told you I wasn't in to sport, I did realise when I typed it that you were probably referring to AFL v Soccer. Its still all football to me, but then because it was a game in Brazil do they use different names to the Brits?

Yes - there is a TTG Soccer club and a TTG Football club - football being Aussie Rules

They just like confusing us blondes :goofy: