Guest mossmac

Anyone else got an uncommunicative Case Officer?

Guest mossmac

Hi everyone,

Anyone else out there waiting for their visa got a really uncommunicative Case Officer? We are really anxious now for some news, in particular, how much longer our visa is expected to take. We send e mails but very RARELY get any replies. Any replies we DO get are vague and unhelpful. Surely these people should be able to tell us how our application is going?

We really do need to know soon whether we are going to get our visa or not. Our house is four weeks now into being sold, hubby who is doing supply teaching whilst we wait for our visa doesn't know whether or not to take work he has been offered after the Spring school holiday and we don't know if we will need to organise temporary accommodation for ourselves when the time comes for us to move out of our house.

Sarah

Jan ’07 – Decided we wanted to go and live in Australia!

Feb ’07 – Teaching skills assessment sent off.

Apr ’07 – Teaching skills approved.

May 21st ’07 – Applied for South Australia sponsorship online.

July 12th ’07 – Received sponsorship from South Australia.

July 20th ’07 – Online visa application sent off.

Oct 30th ’07 – Case officer allocated.

Nov 20th ’07 – Medicals done and police checks sent.

Feb 18th ’08 – Medical done for our new baby.

Awaiting our visa ………………………………………………..

Hi everyone,

Anyone else out there waiting for their visa got a really uncommunicative Case Officer? We are really anxious now for some news, in particular, how much longer our visa is expected to take. We send e mails but very RARELY get any replies. Any replies we DO get are vague and unhelpful. Surely these people should be able to tell us how our application is going?

We really do need to know soon whether we are going to get our visa or not. Our house is four weeks now into being sold, hubby who is doing supply teaching whilst we wait for our visa doesn't know whether or not to take work he has been offered after the Spring school holiday and we don't know if we will need to organise temporary accommodation for ourselves when the time comes for us to move out of our house.

Sarah

Jan ’07 – Decided we wanted to go and live in Australia!

Feb ’07 – Teaching skills assessment sent off.

Apr ’07 – Teaching skills approved.

May 21st ’07 – Applied for South Australia sponsorship online.

July 12th ’07 – Received sponsorship from South Australia.

July 20th ’07 – Online visa application sent off.

Oct 30th ’07 – Case officer allocated.

Nov 20th ’07 – Medicals done and police checks sent.

Feb 18th ’08 – Medical done for our new baby.

Awaiting our visa ………………………………………………..

Not sure if any different but we never heard a thing from the CO. We only dealt with the Agent. We just left them to get on with it . While i know its great to chase and get news we felt best to leave them alone todo their job incase each time we chased we got put to bottom of the pile:goofy:

Just stick with it, it will happen

Guest mossmac

Thanks a lot for your reply. We didn't use an agent so our Case Officer is our only 'link' to being able to enquire about our visa. We are in two minds whether or not to pester and pester about our visa or sit back and wait. As you say, too much pestering could result in going to the bottom of the pile! Who knows how they operate!!

Sarah

Thats true, There does seem to be no obvious method of when visas come through:confused:. But with the amount they are receiving can well understand the delays. Just stick with it. When it comes you wont know whats hit ya!:jiggy:

Sorry had no experience in going it alone so can understand your frustrations

Hi all

We are also waiting to hear about our visa, we did not use a migration agent and have contacted the case officer direct but she made us feel as if we were being inpatient. We did however have an email from the LCU in sydney, so we know our medicals have been processed. I emailed the case officer yesterday but haven't had a reply (i won't hold my breath ha ha). I will not contact the case officer again for fear of being put to the bottom of the pile.

fed up with waiting

Kris

Hi, We sympathise completely with you on this. We have been in temporary accommodation for 8 months now and if we don't hear anything before summer half term my husband will have to teach until Christmas to work his notice. They keep asking him when he will be leaving so that they can recruit his replacement. We have heard absolutely nothing, we don't even have a case officer yet. Since we sent our application in August we have been living in complete limbo not knowing whether we will be going or not and it is really really difficult. Our medicals will run out soon along with our police checks and we are fed up with the whole process. What a shame they seem unable to at least provide a visa in principle, enabling people to get on with their lives, catching up with the administration of it in due course. We have chased up our agent, phoned Australia House, emailed DIAC, all to no avail, you are right is frustrating to say the least but they hold all the cards and all we can do it is wait. Just thought I'd let you know you are not alone in your frustration.

Bic:arghh:

I think this is the norm for CO's our agent emailed ours 10 weeks ago and has heard nothing and get fed up with chasing co they went higher and got the prob sorted. Just waiting for the grant but think the CO is dragging there feet. So if I dont hear anything I'll phone them Monday Night!!

So CO if your reading this proper yourself for a whinging pom:chatterbox:

Guest Nick11

Our agent only contacted co once and refused to do it again as they said too much pestering puts you to the bottom of the file.

Guest Django

On our first email from the CO it did state not to contact them unless asked to do so. I guess they are under a lot of pressure due to the amount of people applying. If everyone on their books emailed them asking for news they would be waste a day replying to them all. I know its frustrating but unless you have anything outstanding let them get on with it.

As for planning ahead. We won't do anything until we get a visa. I see you did you medicals in November the same as us. There is no rush to get there so take whatever work you can get between now and then. Save as much as you can. No point stressing about thing out of your control. When you get the nod book your flights and plan around the known date.

Hope you hear something soon

Pete

I think Australia House in London closes when Australia has a public holiday, justas the Brit High Comission closes on English bank holidays. As we have quite a few public holidays between Christmas and June this has probably added to the backlog.