Guest Beth&Martin

Any jobs for a printer?

Guest Beth&Martin

My other half, Martin, is the principal applicant for our visa (475) and has applied as a skilled Print Machinist. When we started the process our agent showed us a list of skills that "were wanted in Adelaide" and this job came under that list. Since we have started on the visa journey we have been looking for jobs in Adelaide for this position but there doesn't seem to be much. We are a little bit bothered by this. Although having said that we were told by the agent that once you are out there you don't have to do the job that got you the visa, so I suppose that's one consilation.

Is there anybody out there who is doing a print job? Martin is a qualified flexographic printer.

If he can't get a job as a print machinist, he his more than happy to do the job he is doing now (which he does enjoy a lot more) which is a Class 2 HGV driver, so would look for jobs in that area also.

I don't mind what I do, as long as it earns enough money to pay towards the bills. I am a Quality Manager at the moment but not sure whether I could continue in that job once over there.

Guest rickyaswell

Hello,Martin and other half,I am also applying for 475 to adelaide as a Print Machinist (litho web press)at least you have your HGV to fall back on.If you find a print job get two one for you and one for me.

Good luck.

Richard

Guest Nick11
    My other half, Martin, is the principal applicant for our visa (475) and has applied as a skilled Print Machinist. When we started the process our agent showed us a list of skills that "were wanted in Adelaide" and this job came under that list. Since we have started on the visa journey we have been looking for jobs in Adelaide for this position but there doesn't seem to be much. We are a little bit bothered by this. Although having said that we were told by the agent that once you are out there you don't have to do the job that got you the visa, so I suppose that's one consilation.

Is there anybody out there who is doing a print job? Martin is a qualified flexographic printer.

If he can't get a job as a print machinist, he his more than happy to do the job he is doing now (which he does enjoy a lot more) which is a Class 2 HGV driver, so would look for jobs in that area also.

I don't mind what I do, as long as it earns enough money to pay towards the bills. I am a Quality Manager at the moment but not sure whether I could continue in that job once over there.

Hubby is a print finisher and is very happy in his job. There seems to be a lot of printers coming over at the mo - last week we went to a party - out of the 6 blokes there - there were 2 print finishers, 2 printers , a print manager and an electrician!

There are loads of drivers jobs in the paper - so that wouldn't be a worry.

Guest the o'shea's

my hubby is a print manager and always on the look out for printers. Let us know nearer the time when you are coming and we will let you know if any jobs available.

Guest rickyaswell
    my hubby is a print manager and always on the look out for printers. Let us know nearer the time when you are coming and we will let you know if any jobs available.

Hello,

I have sent you a PM;)

Hey,

I am a screen printer, who is comeing to Adelaide in 4 weeks.... I have sent my Resume via email to loads of companies and, alot are getting back saying that theres a shortage etc and i have a few interviews lined up already.

Good luck to all who are looking.

Dan

Guest Beth&Martin

Will do. Thank you very much for that kind offer.

:)