likesshopping

Admin jobs available - Flinders University

I had a very interesting interview (the first of many interesting interviews in Adelaide!) at Flinders University, not long after arriving. I remember one of the people on the interview panel couldn’t believe/was genuinely shocked that I had caught 2 buses to get to the interview and that I didn’t have a car (I had only been in Adelaide a few days!!!).

As the interview came to a close, I thought I had done fairly well and also because I had managed to find out that they were only interviewing one other person, I was quite hopeful. At the end of the interview one of the panel gave me a recruitment agency business card and said to let them know they had referred me!!!! Now I may have been FOB (fresh off (the) boat) but even I worked out that I had not got the job! :idea: I suspect it was already lined up for the other person, but they were conforming with some policy and going through the motions and probably felt sorry for me.

Oh the joys of a migrant job seeker ha ha!!! :goofy:

Guest Bonnydoon7

Just don't get hurt if you get an interview but don't get the job, and upon asking for feedback find that the present incumbent was successful, aforementioned being a person doing the job on a temporary/contract basis. If you get the job, rejoice! If you don't, take heart and keep trying.

Thanks for that likesshopping :) -and thank you JB and Bonnydoon for the advice /warning!

It's horrible when you set your heart on a job only to discover it's already been earmarked for someone else.

:notworthy: LC

Guest Bonnydoon7

I know this first hand because some years back I was a level 1 Admin Officer there unsuccessfully trying to get a Level 2 position. However, the job has to go to someone so go for it!

I think many employers do this - interview for jobs where there are currently contractors doing that position. And I do know of positions that the then contractor didnt get the job, so its not all cut n dry.

But I dont think its like that with these - I do know that these would have been advertised internally first and if they dont get a good enough response then they advertise externally.

Im currently a contracting for one of the positions that is up on the list - but I am NOT applying,(Im only wanting part time hours, not full time) so that one is defo up for grabs!!

Good luck all!!

Sarahx