Guest mossmac

Are most cars in Oz automatic?

Guest mossmac

Hi everyone,

We have been looking at various sites advertising secondhand cars for sale in Adelaide and have noticed that most of the cars seem to be automatic. Are a lot of cars over there automatic? How do the prices of automatic cars compare with those of manuals.

Any help greatly appreciated.

John and Sarah

(Sarah not a fan of automatics!)

pass will be able to answer that for you april when i arrive or when i get a job in a garage as a mechanic but i would say most are autos as the engines are mostly big v8's i know there are utes v8 that are manuals holdens or commadores have a look at them

alex

pass will be able to answer that for you april when i arrive or when i get a job in a garage as a mechanic but i would say most are autos as the engines are mostly big v8's i know there are utes v8 that are manuals holdens or commadores have a look at them

big v8 engines, lots of power, and cheaper fuel then england

alex

Guest soggy

There seem to be a lot of automatics around, but not all, if you are buying a new car then it will cost you about $2000 ish more an auto.

As fuel is getting more expensive smaller cars are getting more common, and as the cost of living is rising more people are deciding to keep the $2000 in their pocket, this seemed to be the opinion of the car dealers I talked to when car hunting a few weeks ago. It will be a long time before a lot of people give up their v6 and v8 engines though.

Simon:D

Guest Nick11
    Hi everyone,

We have been looking at various sites advertising secondhand cars for sale in Adelaide and have noticed that most of the cars seem to be automatic. Are a lot of cars over there automatic? How do the prices of automatic cars compare with those of manuals.

Any help greatly appreciated.

John and Sarah

(Sarah not a fan of automatics!)

Most cars are automatic. My car cost $4000 more as an auto than a manual - however I much prefer auto - foot down and go! I figured I had enough to think about navigating roads rather than changing gears!

Someone told me 2nd hand manual cars are very difficult to sell as aussies don't like them.

BTW my cars handbrake is a foot pedal - now that takes some getting used to!

Am also not a fan of automatics so we bought a 1997 Ford Festiva for me when we got here and I've had no problems with it (except it leaks when it rains....). It's pretty economical to run, it costs me about $35 to fill the tank and as I only use it to ferry the kids around I only fill it once a week or so.

Guest soggy
    Am also not a fan of automatics so we bought a 1997 Ford Festiva for me when we got here and I've had no problems with it (except it leaks when it rains....).

Lucky it never rains here:)

Simon

not all are automatics. if you want a manual you'll be able to get one. my husband's family pretty much all have manual, and some of them are V8s.