Guest BurgessFamily

Adelaide petrol prices jump to five-year high : $1.64.9/L

Guest BurgessFamily

One station in O'Connell Street at North Adelaide posted a pump price for unleaded of $1.64.9/L on Monday afternoon.

Senior analyst at the RAA Chris West said he thought some fuel retailers were testing what the market was willing to pay for fuel, as oil prices rose and the Australian dollar fell in value.

"Motorists should boycott any service station that's selling fuel at a five-year high of $1.60 or above," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-22/adelaide-petrol-prices-jump-to-five-year-high/4835928?section=sa

It's even more painful if you drive a car that requires 'Premium' 95 RON (I don't think you can get lower grade 91 RON in the UK... so what's premium to us, is regular to you :S). Another reason to get LPG. :P

Edited by BurgessFamily

Guest BurgessFamily
    In the time we have been here petrol has been in the $1.70's.

On cheap Tuesday? xD

It always used to be cheap Tuesday in the past and people used to be queuing outside the petrol station out onto the roads, but I am not sure if that is still the case.

It goes up and down like a yo yo, I can't keep track!!!

In the 6 years we have been here it has been as low as a $1 and as high as in the $1.70's.

It hasn't been cheap Tuesday for at least a couple of years.

It's a bit of a coincidence that the supermarkets seem to be giving out large petrol discount vouchers at the same time. We got a 20c off one at Coles this weekend.