Sign in to follow this  
Guest ginaturk

Need some info please guys!

Guest ginaturk

hi everyone! im 22 and moving to adelaide from england in september on a years working visa (im very exited:rolleyes:) i was just wondering if anyone can help me with any contacts in bar work, i have 3 years experience and am very friendly and chatty!

also my boyfriend will be coming out in december and is a qualified plasterer and labourer, any help with contacts for either of these would be greatfully appreciated,

Thanks!

I think you need to do some kind of course to work in bars not sure how long or how much it is to do .As for your BF not a lot of work about just now building trades are slow just now and December and January are slow for work due to the holiday season.

Guest Adelaide_bound

You need to do the RSA to work behind a bar, some places like you to have a RSG as well, depending on the place and if they have pokies or anything there as well, but just the RSA will be fine for the majority of places that you might want to work. You can do it online for not a huge amount of cash, it takes a couple of hours (supposedly but it depends how quickly you can read/watch the videos etc and answer the questions) - its not rocket science, but its just a piece of paper you need (by law) to have, so if you don't have it, you won't find a bean of work.

With regards to finding the work, imho its best just to do shoe leather and call into any and all places that you want to work in, with your CV a big grin and a cheeky twinkle in your eye to see if they are hiring. You really need to be here on the ground, there are lots of backpackers always who are here, so they don't need to take people on before they arrive ifswim. Woolshed were hiring a couple of months ago, and it seems like they got totally and utterly swamped with applications, so don't stress if you don't see adverts per say, just go round and speak to them - they don't need to bother to advertise really, there are enough people wanting casual type work it would appear :)

I know that's not hugely helpful, but hopefully the RSA thing will give you a heads up :)

Have fun and hope you find stuff as soon as :)