coolerking

Broadband in Sellicks Beach

We have had Telstra since we moved down here to Sellicks Beach. I have to say that they have been a nightmare and the customer service is a long way short of what should be expected.

Our connection has been very intermittent and it has slowed down. I wonder if anyone else down here has had the same problems and if they found a better provider - the choice seems limited. I checked with Adam Internet (I know they were bought out) but they do not offer a service, down here.

Cheers,

Cooler

I'm afraid that it's only Telstra in Sellicks Beach at the moment. Looking at http://www.adsl2exchanges.com.au and entering an address in Sellicks gives only Telstra as possible provider.

Hopefully you can get NBN next year. http://www.rishworth.com.au/news/media-releases/34-nbn-is-full-steam-ahead-for-sellicks.html

Cheers,

Hein

Thanks,

I'd actually forgotten about that.

I would love to have a better service than we currently get. Looks like it will be around another 6 months :)

Cheers,

Cooler

Guest Guest75

Could you get Adam WiMax down there for now?? We have found them to be the best option where we live,decent speeds and service.

Edited by Guest75

We have Adam wimax and it's tolerable we are in Aldinga. My main gripe with wimax is the speed it's sometimes, well most of the time painfully slow. Cost wise it's good though $60 a month for 100gb of d/l. We don't have a landline just VoIP which works well included in that price. Our contract is ending soon but I'm going to hang off doing anything until we get nbn here which should be within the next 3 months. There is a website where you can check. It may be worth you doing that too in Sellicks :)

Guest Guest75
    We have Adam wimax and it's tolerable we are in Aldinga. My main gripe with wimax is the speed it's sometimes, well most of the time painfully slow. Cost wise it's good though $60 a month for 100gb of d/l. We don't have a landline just VoIP which works well included in that price. Our contract is ending soon but I'm going to hang off doing anything until we get nbn here which should be within the next 3 months. There is a website where you can check. It may be worth you doing that too in Sellicks :)

It all depend upon how close you are to a transmitting station I think.

We have pretty good speeds on WiMax but the transmitter is just up the road.

We had it in Seaford Rise and it was great. We can't get it as we are probably too far from the transmitter.

Bring on the NBN.

Cheers,

Cooler