Guest Guest75

"Inbox" change??

Guest Guest75

Has the software for the Inbox facility changed today??

Looks a little different when I was reading my PM's???

I would think admin have done an upgrade on the forum SW. I know a few have taken place in recent times, no biggie.

The only thing looks different to me is the person sending the messages is now in bold and there is a handy feature at the bottom to search for messages from specific people (if you happen to have hundreds of messages to rummage through).

ETA - O and we got the PM blocker and all that in line with PIO. Not sure how long that has been there, well used to it over on PIO already so don't really pay much mind to it when it happens over here.

Edited by snifter

There's a few minor changes which were rolled out on Pomsinoz a few of weeks ago.

To summarise: (apologies for the screen-shots which have been borrowed from PIO, I'll update them for PIA when time permits)

QUOTE NOTIFICATION

The facility to receive a notification (either a Private Message or Email) whenever a post of yours has been quoted by another member.

To switch this facility on, once you're logged in, click on 'Settings' at the top right on any of the forum pages.

On the subsequent screen, click on 'General Settings' in the left hand column (as shown below)

quote1.png

Then, under the 'Messaging & Notification' section, look for 'Quote Notification' and choose if you prefer to receive 'No' notifications, 'Email' notifications or 'Private Message' notifications.

quote2.png

SEND ATTACHMENTS VIA THE PM SYSTEM

It is now possible to send attachments via the forum's Private Message facility. While only a minor enhancement, it should prove useful for members wishing to send resumes to potential employers / recruitment agents who participate on the forum for example. When composing a private message, there will now be the standard paperclip icon in the toolbar which will allow you to add an attachment.

PRIVATE MESSAGE BLOCK LIST

It is now possible for members to block Private Messages from other members via the use of a block list. This is different to the forum's 'ignore feature' as you still be able to read posts that the blocked members have made, this will simply prevent them from PM'ing you.

To switch this facility on, once you're logged in, click on 'Settings' at the top right on any of the forum pages.

On the subsequent screen, click on 'PM Blocker Settings' in the left hand column (as shown below)

pm1.png

On the subsequent screen (shown below), simply enter the name(s) of members you no longer wish to receive PM's from (one per line)

(and the example below is purely for illustrative purposes, don't try it, it won't work - moderators and admin can't be blocked tongue.giflaugh.gif

pm2.png

OTHER MINOR CHANGES

Inbox shows how much space used / available

The options to backup/download PM's has been made more visible - Useful option as PM's over 2 years old are now automatically pruned by the forum software (as announced a couple of months ago)

Hovering over a PM in the inbox shows a preview

'Previous' & 'Next' options now display when reading a PM

'Send PM' option now appears in a more prominent place below each post

There's a few other options which may be activated as and when such as auto-responders etc.

Guest AliinAus

You know I like it when you do pictures Rob - thank you

Heh, I forgot about the other stuff. I think I am so used to what PIO has that I just don't notice the differences over here once they kick in :cute: