sueoc

Car Radio Decoder needed

Hi,

My Car Stereo has gone off since the Battery went flat last night.It requires a Code which i don't have.Does anyone know who can sort this out around Seaford area,up to Glenelg?This got me thinking,to all Newbies buying first Car here,remember to get the Radio Code!Thanks in advance.

Most dealerships can get it off their computer system for free. Just pop in to the service department with your vin number.

Hi,

My Car Stereo has gone off since the Battery went flat last night.It requires a Code which i don't have.Does anyone know who can sort this out around Seaford area,up to Glenelg?This got me thinking,to all Newbies buying first Car here,remember to get the Radio Code!Thanks in advance.

Hi Sueoc, a couple of things you can try, if the radio is factory fitted then try a dealership for info, or you could remove the radio there should be some sort of label with allsorts of model,numbers etc. you could then try contacting the manufacturer. Also some people write the code somewhere in the car, sunvisor, glovebox, ashtray or in the service book.

Sure someone will come up with an answer for you soon.

Isn't there something about putting the radio in the freezer to reset the code? Or is that an urban legend?

Isn't there something about putting the radio in the freezer to reset the code? Or is that an urban legend?

Yeah yeah, that works too. And if you get it wrong three times then putting it in the oven for 7 minutes it speeds up the wait period to try again.

Yeah yeah, that works too. And if you get it wrong three times then putting it in the oven for 7 minutes it speeds up the wait period to try again.

Will the microwave oven do the job as well?

Silly, you can't put metallic objects in the microwave.

Of course I know that - but obviously these days most radios are made of plastic....:idea:

Guest stewie1

We had an astra that required the radio code because the battery went flat. They sometimes use the post code of the dealership where the car was purchased from(that's if you have the books). In our case after five failed attempts a Holden dealership gave it us for free, they just need the vin number. Others dealerships may charge around $40.

The fascia may be but the parts you can't see are metal.

Don't put your car radio in the fridge, freezer, oven or microwave.

In the meantime sueoc try singing! hope you sort it out soon

But Diane really!:wacko:.............this is a technical thread not cookery class! gee do you dry your cat in the microwave too? mmmmmmmm maybe not a bad idea really:idea:

Maybe another urban myth but it used to be claimed that the audio quality of cd's was enhanced if you put them in the freezer.