Never bought a full price bread

Guest wijaya

Guest wijaya

Apart from few months after we arrived here in 2010, I never again bought a full price bread. When we came, bread costed around 2.40-2.50 a loaf.. Now has gone up around 4 dollar. Now everytime I shop, I usually go to a special tray in Woolworth where they put all special breads. It costs from 1.10 to about 2.50, a significant save. In my opinion they still taste the same, and mostly are still before the best date.

I notice Woolworth have more these "special price" bread than Coles. As we are sorrounded by 4 Woolworths (Glynburn/Felixstowe, Newton, Gilles Plain) and Marryatville (near our children schools), there were plenty of "cheap bread" to buy.

Every little helps says Tesco..

Us neither - before we left the UK I used my breadmaker a few times a week because it was so much cheaper than buying bread, but here, like you I always buy it from the reduced racks and freeze it. What I like most is that it's allsorts of bread that's reduced and not just the value stuff.

Shop at Coles. They have 'Coles' bread for $1 all the time. Not reduced.
Ahhh,but there is Bread....and there is Bread,if you know what i mean!A massive selection here,and with varying quality i find.I think the cheaper Bread is justifiably low priced,simply because it is absolute Craap.The mid priced Breads are where i think most of us look,if nothing is suitable in the reduced section.Some of these are good value,and some taste bland,even though they are not cheap.Yes,bread buying here is 'interesting'to say the least.I now only buy Flinders and Riviera Bread,bit expensive but almost the best Bread i've ever tasted off the Shelf.:rolleyes:Happy Bread buying folks!PS Buttered Flinders toast is Heavenly!:notworthy:

The $1 bread (and $1.50 wholemeal) is ok for me as the main bread eater, but then I have to buy the cheap stuff, and NO not because I'm a Yorkshire man.......well maybe! but my wife has that gluten free stuff at about $7 a pop, for 1/4 size loaf. This cheap bread is great for dipping in my soup and makes great chip butties! We do have a treat at weekends and buy $4 -$5 and fruit bread too!

We used to have a bread maker here but it was too nice so ended up costing more and put on the pounds too, sorry Kilo's, got to get modern!

Back in England Tesco used to pay me when buying bread, to explain, on an evening they reduced bread prices for quicksale, however on some brands they also had 3 for the price of 2 and when you got to the checkout the reduction for the 3rd loaf was at full price which was more than reduced price of all 3 loaves thus they gave me money on the purchase:biggrin: now that is what a yorkshire man is all about, bargains and value for money:cool:

Guest Guest75
Ahhh,but there is Bread....and there is Bread,if you know what i mean!A massive selection here,and with varying quality i find.I think the cheaper Bread is justifiably low priced,simply because it is absolute Craap.The mid priced Breads are where i think most of us look,if nothing is suitable in the reduced section.Some of these are good value,and some taste bland,even though they are not cheap.Yes,bread buying here is 'interesting'to say the least.I now only buy Flinders and Riviera Bread,bit expensive but almost the best Bread i've ever tasted off the Shelf.:rolleyes:Happy Bread buying folks!PS Buttered Flinders toast is Heavenly!:notworthy:

Oooooooo! Lookit her..............The Bread Snob lady..................:cute::cute::biglaugh::biglaugh::tongue:

Partial to a bit of decent Tiger bread myself - especially with soup.

The $1 bread (and $1.50 wholemeal) is ok for me as the main bread eater, but then I have to buy the cheap stuff, and NO not because I'm a Yorkshire man.......well maybe! but my wife has that gluten free stuff at about $7 a pop, for 1/4 size loaf. This cheap bread is great for dipping in my soup and makes great chip butties! We do have a treat at weekends and buy $4 -$5 and fruit bread too!

We used to have a bread maker here but it was too nice so ended up costing more and put on the pounds too, sorry Kilo's, got to get modern!

Back in England Tesco used to pay me when buying bread, to explain, on an evening they reduced bread prices for quicksale, however on some brands they also had 3 for the price of 2 and when you got to the checkout the reduction for the 3rd loaf was at full price which was more than reduced price of all 3 loaves thus they gave me money on the purchase:biggrin: now that is what a yorkshire man is all about, bargains and value for money:cool:

Was that you then Keith?The one at the Bread Counter who dropped a 10 cent piece and it hit you on the back of the head before it got to the Floor!:wink:

I always buy reduced bread.... it isn't stale and lasts perfectly well for the 3-4 days it takes my tribe to munch through it. I'm GF also, so prefer to actually eat other things than pay the $7 for a small loaf. That said, occasionally my Woolies has that reduced too and then I might buy it. But I freeze it and it probably lasts me 6 weeks.... I just don't eat it anymore!