Guest Squareman

MIL's visa rejected!

Guest Squareman

My MIL is here on a 12 month holiday visa and in May we also submitted a Contributory Parent Visa 143 for her. I applied to have her 12 month holiday visa extended for another year but this has been rejected. Looks like she'll have to go back home for a while.

Does anyone know how long she has to wait before applying for another substantial holiday visa? I was told that the DIAC were allowing parents of perm residents - especially those who had applied for parents visas - up to 5 years of consecutive 12 month holiday visas?

Anyone know?

Sorry to hear this. Is it because when you applied for the CPV you should have asked for a bridging visa instead of extending the holiday visa

Guest Squareman

If there is a bridging visa for a CPV, why wasn't I offered one?

Guest Squareman

And according to the DIAC website, you cannot apply for a bridging visa for a CPV, only for the 'aged' visas.

If there is a bridging visa for a CPV, why wasn't I offered one?

Maybe there isn't and maybe I'm getting mixed up with the non contributory and applying for it onshore, doing it that way I know you get a bridging visa whilst you wait. Hope one of the agents pops along soon and gives you some help.

My MIL is here on a 12 month holiday visa and in May we also submitted a Contributory Parent Visa 143 for her. I applied to have her 12 month holiday visa extended for another year but this has been rejected. Looks like she'll have to go back home for a while.

Does anyone know how long she has to wait before applying for another substantial holiday visa? I was told that the DIAC were allowing parents of perm residents - especially those who had applied for parents visas - up to 5 years of consecutive 12 month holiday visas?

Anyone know?

Along with the extra consideration given to parents on the SC600, they also bought in a maximum stay of no more than 12 months in any 18 month period.

Along with the extra consideration given to parents on the SC600, they also bought in a maximum stay of no more than 12 months in any 18 month period.

Thanks Tee, but could they go offshore, ie New Zealand and come back for another 12 months?

Thanks Tee, but could they go offshore, ie New Zealand and come back for another 12 months?

They can if they stay there for six months first. They just don't want people living here on tourist visas.

If I understand correctly, MIL means "Mother In Law". I'd have issues if mine was let in rather than being kept out!

If I understand correctly, MIL means "Mother In Law". I'd have issues if mine was let in rather than being kept out!

The penalty for bigamy is 2 MILs.

Anyone know?

Were you informed that you have review rights?