DougM

Know where you're going

Not sure which forum this should be in but, it pays for you to know where you're going. To the perspective migrant, get things in the right perspective from the beginning. Australia is Big :wideeyed: / :shocked:

529862_452441398169826_1573340930_n.jpg

Hope this helps to widen your horizons.

I sent my dear old Mum one of these after she kept phoning in a panic about how close the other states were.Every time there was a flood or fires etc I would get a call.

I think she now understands the scale of the country.

Guest Claire-n-tel

:swoon:

We drove right around and up the middle but this picture still amazes me!

We explained to my niece that we drove from lodon to birmingham about 180 times!

Edited by Claire-n-tel

Wow...that is a good one....really does put it in perspective - we are kind of hovering over Italy, Spain and France

Cheers :smile:

Guest Claire-n-tel

A few years ago we were in a camping shop in Streaky Bay at about 10am......two sweedish girls (who had their wicked camper parked outside) asked the guy behind the counter what time the sun set was and did he think they would make it to the bungle bungles in time! bah ha ha!

Just a thought. For all you people thinking of coming or those already here and asking about certain areas, download http://www.google/earth/download , install and open. Navigate to the area you're interested in, select and drag "Street View"(top right hand corner) to where-ever. You can then take a 'drive' along those back roads etc to see what the area is really like. Just remember, most images will be about three years old. Date of image is shown in the bottom left hand corner if memory serves me right.

If the link doesn't open, just search for googleearth.

Have fun now.

Guest Adelaide_bound
    Just a thought. For all you people thinking of coming or those already here and asking about certain areas, download http://www.google/earth/download , install and open. Navigate to the area you're interested in, select and drag "Street View"(top right hand corner) to where-ever. You can then take a 'drive' along those back roads etc to see what the area is really like. Just remember, most images will be about three years old. Date of image is shown in the bottom left hand corner if memory serves me right.

If the link doesn't open, just search for googleearth.

Have fun now.

Bare in mind 3 years is a long time in terms of developments sometimes though - our house and about 5 on our small street didn't exist back then (lots of houses torn down and new posh ones built - I hasten to add we rent, its not ours lol), and a surprisingly amount of the schools even I've taught in have changed in structure a lot in that time, or just weren't there when google took the photos (which is annoying when I'm trying to use streetmap view when trying to find out how to get into the school before I have to be there at silly O clock in the morning lol).

But still a fabo idea for people :D