Sign in to follow this  
Guest adelaideinjuly

Validity on passports when leaving australia

Guest adelaideinjuly

i have a non australian passport with less than six month validity (no australian yet only PR ) , no problem at entering my country , but would they allow me to travel from Australia

I intend to renew there

Thank you

NIM

i have a non australian passport with less than six month validity (no australian yet only PR ) , no problem at entering my country , but would they allow me to travel from Australia

I intend to renew there

Thank you

NIM

In general your passport is valid to the expire date, however most countries (except the country of your passport) require that the passport has more than 1 or 3 or 6 months before expiry and subject to visa requirements of that country. So if you are travelling direct (without stopovers) to your country of your passport then you will be OK. however it is returning to Australia you need to be careful of, you need a valid visa to get back in, note this is not PR if your PR visa is out of date, a returning residents visa (RRV) subclass 155 is the normal one.

Guest adelaideinjuly

thanks Keith , so what is the requirement of Australia upon leaving ? we will be renewing passports and entering with new passports and our PR is valid

Guest patsmb

I intend to renew there

Thank you

NIM

Check with your airline they often have a 6 month restriction