Jessica Berry

Royal Adelaide Show - Family deal to take pressure off household budgets

I guess this is an indication of Adelaide's financial status!!!! :wacko:

THE Royal Adelaide Show gets more family friendly from today in a move aimed at taking the pressure off household budgets.

A family of four can pre-purchase a $145 "family value pack" ticket to the Show, which runs from September 6-14. The pack includes entry for four, parking, two showbags, food and drink coupons and discounted rides.

The ticket has a value of $200, which is more than a 25 per cent discount.

It is the first time the event, with a 173-year history, is going down the path of a discounted package.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/photos/royal-adelaide-show-offers-8216family8217-deal-to-take-pressure-off-household-budgets/story-fnii5yv6-1226691057937

I'm sure in previous years I've seen pre-purchase discount family tickets advertised at places like Foodland - perhaps just for entry, not parking and food and stuff though so maybe that's what's new?

I am soooo glad my kids don't expect/want us to take them any more! It's a great show for things like the food marquee and produce displays but I think the rides are hugely overpriced and don't get me started on showbags full of crap....!!

Guest vikkiann

We went last year, a family of 6. We got the train there. By the time we'd paid for the train, tickets, rides, show bags, food etc. we'd spent over $400!

We went last year, a family of 6. We got the train there. By the time we'd paid for the train, tickets, rides, show bags, food etc. we'd spent over $400!

I agree its a good but expensive day out at any shows. I gave my son $100 to go to our local show, he bought one show bag, 2 rides , a bag of chips and can of coke as well as entry and he came home with $2 entry

Guest Adelaide_bound

But its only once a year - like Christmas, and think how many hundreds we 'waste' on that one day a year! :) Looking forward to our first this year :)

I should imagine it's just for the one day.

We enjoyed it very much last year; it was our first one and didn't realise just how much there would be to do (or what the showbags were) so didn't really get there early enough to make the most of it. This year we have an action plan - the children have been saving their pennies and I've told them I'll match what they have up to $50 (in total), we'll be making use of my lovely new Rolser trolley full of water and picnic, and Daddy will come to meet us after work so we can stay into the evening too. And now with this deal we'll be well away - just have to choose which child to leave at the gate....