TeeTMI

Visa Application Charge Increases 1st September

Visa Application Charge Increases 1st September

News just coming in that there will be an increase in many visa application charges as of the 1st September 2013!

As an example the Skilled Independent basic charge will increase from $3060 to $3520.

Primary Applicant $3,520

Secondary Applicant >18 $1,760

Secondary Applicant <18 $880

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2013L01534

This along with the additional applicant fees introduced in August will be a real blow to many would-be visa applicants.

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI

Guest Spratnat

Hi, yes i will be affected by these new charges :( For me, my husband and our 5 children, these fees would mean it would cost us $13,200, just in fees!!!! this is not including the agency fees, nursing registration fees, checks, moving costs & flights (and anything else i've not thought of)!!!!!! I think this may be the end of our dream:sad: Nat

Hi there, Im also gutted about this, we are just at the point of starting to lodge our visa, just typical, and it just goes to show how difficult they are making it now. It has made me more determined to do this though even if it means staying in uk for another 6mths to earn extra cash! you will not beat me Diac!

Caz X

Wow, I genuinely feel sorry for anybody caught out by this.

I thought the fees we paid were expensive however the figures above are quite eye watering! I guess this is one tactic to employ in order to keep immigration down in addition to making the pr visas almost impossible to obtain for the ordinary qualified working person!

S