Finally got a Visa and information required

Guest romil

Guest romil

Hello Guys,

We had applied for a visa in October 2012 and after a wait of 9 long months we have got our visas (190) :D.

Me and wife will arrive Adelaide on 14 Oct 2013. Few things are sorted somewhat but things are still unanswered.

1) Accommodation is arranged for a week, but as soon as we land we will have to start looking for places. Can anyone suggest safe and nice areas in Adelaide?

2) I've heard that the software industry is not so good in Adelaide, but there are companies where we can try. If by any chance, she does not get a job in her field then will it affect or will the State Government questions her as we have got the visas on the basis of her being a software engineer.

I am sure she will get a job but it's good to be prepared for any circumstances. If she does not get a job in her field then will if affect our visa status?

3) Please refer some websites where in we can start searching for a job.

Any answers will be of great help!

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers,

Romil

seek.com.au is a good site to search for jobs.

You don't have to work in your nominated occupation, you only have a "moral obligation" to work and live within SA for 2 years when on the State sponsored Visa.

Good luck with finding a longer term rental in an area that you like within the first week. We arrive in the first week of September and have the first month accomodation booked to allow us time to do a search for a longer term rental, schools, work, etc.

Geoff.

Thanks for all the replies.

I did not got all the information, but I did received some vital information about the Nominated Occupation Stuff.

Tickets are confirmed and just waiting for the flight to come at the airport on 13 Oct 2013 :D

Guest ricky_hope1
Hello Guys,

We had applied for a visa in October 2012 and after a wait of 9 long months we have got our visas (190) :D.

Me and wife will arrive Adelaide on 14 Oct 2013. Few things are sorted somewhat but things are still unanswered.

1) Accommodation is arranged for a week, but as soon as we land we will have to start looking for places. Can anyone suggest safe and nice areas in Adelaide?-

It would be hard to find permanent accomodation in 1 week. Try realestate.com or gumtree to find one.to be safe side ,u can also look fr short term accomodation & search in between.

2) I've heard that the software industry is not so good in Adelaide, but there are companies where we can try. If by any chance, she does not get a job in her field then will it affect or will the State Government questions her as we have got the visas on the basis of her being a software engineer.

I am sure she will get a job but it's good to be prepared for any circumstances. If she does not get a job in her field then will if affect our visa status?

- it doesn't mattr if she get job or not ..it can be any field can work..no connection with visa..

3) Please refer some websites where in we can start searching for a job.

- best site to look fr job is seek.com.au,u will find 80% vacancy there itself..

Any answers will be of great help!

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers,

Romil

Hope it helps