Ktee

Krispy Kreme coming to Adelaide

KRISPY Kreme has moved a step closer to opening its first doughnut shop in Adelaide after getting the tick of approval from Charles Sturt Council. The council's development assessment panel approved the $2 million, 24-hour, seven day a week drive-through shop at Port Rd, Croydon, earlier this week.

However, the shop will have to get final approval from the State Government's Development Assessment Commission before it can begin developing the site.

Krispy Kreme's Mark Higginbottom hoped the shop would be open by February.

"The approval was a milestone achieved for us, we are now on our way pending final approval," Mr Higginbottom said.

"Only six months to go until Krispy Kreme hits Adelaide - we plan to make the store bigger and better than has been seen before with lots of new products."

The two-storey complex will also be a manufacturing site for the US brand and will distribute the doughnuts to other Krispy Kreme franchises planned for Adelaide.

A convenience shop and a new BP On The Run service station are also planned for the site, near Port Rd's intersection with Rosetta St, about 5km from the CBD.

Krispy Kreme has also applied to Salisbury Council for approval to open a shop at Port Wakefield Rd, Paralowie.

About 60 jobs are expected to be created if both shops are approved.

Had one last year from some school fund raiser thingy, had one bite spat it on floor yuck!

Never tried them but I cannot understand what all the fuss is about. Surely a doughnut is a doughnut full stop.

Guest Adelaide_bound

hmmm, the diet isn't looking good then :/

Hubby agrees with you mydearboy, but have to say, its like Manna from Heaven to me.....nom nom nom .....

White chocolate and raspberry simply the best try one sometime Ktee, better than those fairground ones your more used to:smile:

Can't eat Keith, although when I can it won't be a doughnut, I am after something more tasty and spicy

Guest BurgessFamily

get them with fundraisers, stale and full of preservatives. Prefer the fresh cinnamon donuts you get. Yum yum.

get them with fundraisers, stale and full of preservatives. Prefer the fresh cinnamon donuts you get. Yum yum.

Hello folks!

As someone who is due to emigrate to Adelaide next year and lives in Newcastle, I have to say it would please me no end to hear there was going to be a Greggs opening up in Adelaide!!! Wishful thinking i guess ..... stotties down under?! Hehe!

:biggrin:

Guest klataylor

Oh dear. I am doomed.

chemicals or no chemicals, they are yummy when fresh.

Must admit I am partial to them.....the plain ones are my favourite - I also like the cinammon donuts (not Krispy Kreme) too when they are hot.