Guest klataylor

Cheap plants and garden stuff...

Guest klataylor

Bunnings is going to set me back a packet if I go made buying plants and sleepers and mulch, etc. Does anyone know if there is a nursery catering for us broke people?

The cheapest I have seen for plants is Bunning, virginia nursery or Stratco (one of the ones who does plants). Mitre ten does not bad priced potting mix. Mad Murray (he says wholesale outside now but will sell to you) has the cheapest wine barrels and also has some great fiber glass raised beds.

Mulch you are FAR better off going to a landscape supplies place with a trailer or ute.

I visit most nurseries around the state in my job and when I set up my raised beds I still ended up buying all the sleepers etc at bunnings.

Since then mitre 10 have started doing a good value raised bed kit, but they are square.

Some of the markets have people selling plants, but I have seen a fair few labelled wrongly, and they are no cheaper on the whole.

Bunnings is going to set me back a packet if I go made buying plants and sleepers and mulch, etc. Does anyone know if there is a nursery catering for us broke people?

We are in the process of landscaping our garden and have 12-15 wooden sleepers to give away. PM if interested.

Sarah

Not sure where you are but I'm told The Green Room in Brighton is having a closing down sale (which is a shame, really nice owners and the plants were very high quality...)