Blossom

Flapjacks

Does anyone have a tried and tested recipe for a nice chewy flapjack? I have tried a couple off the tinternet, but they just don't turn out right, generally falling to bits when done. Any tips?

Guest Claire-n-tel

250g Porridge Oats

125g Butter

125g Brown Sugar

2-3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup (Depends how gooey you want it)

Put it in a food processor, then put it in a tray and bake until golden brown (about 20 min).

i add different nuts/dried fruit etc depending on my mood :jiggy:

This one is great. I've used it for years. I use half honey, half syrup but all syrup will give you a sticker flapjack.

I chuck in dried fruit, choc chips, chopped nuts (hazelnuts for us) or just plain. Dip the ends or a corner in choc is also good.

I usually double the recipe also as we eat our way through it.

flapjack.jpg

Thanks very much. :-)

My school used to do lovely coconut ones when I was young. Yum. Flapjack making tomorrow. :-)

250g Porridge Oats

125g Butter

125g Brown Sugar

2-3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup (Depends how gooey you want it)

Put it in a food processor, then put it in a tray and bake until golden brown (about 20 min).

i add different nuts/dried fruit etc depending on my mood :jiggy:

We gave these a try today, but went a bit crazy with the golden syrup and put 4 tablespoons in, we are as high as a kite now on all the sugar ha ha ,:biggrin: but they were nice. What temperature do you usually cook them on? We will have another go but with less syrup next time. Thanks for the recipe.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    We gave these a try today, but went a bit crazy with the golden syrup and put 4 tablespoons in, we are as high as a kite now on all the sugar ha ha ,:biggrin: but they were nice. What temperature do you usually cook them on? We will have another go but with less syrup next time. Thanks for the recipe.

Ooohh sorry! around 180c i usually go with (for most things!) will be fine on lower just need a bit longer i like the higher temp as i'm impatient!