I am being very inpatient. (But so fed up and just want to get there)

Hi all

I am so fed up. We got an email from LCU stating medicals had been processed and we are now waiting for our visa to be granted. I know i am being silly as some people have had to wait a lot longer than us. I get so excited everytime the postman comes and then deflated that the visa has not come. I want to contact the case officer but my wife and mother in law think this would be a bad idea as they may put us to the back of the line. I know they are right, I just hate waiting.

Very inpatient Kris

Guest Django

Hey Kris,

Chill out and relax. It will happen when it happens. You don't want to go over just yet anyway. Do you really want to miss another glorious summer like the last one???? :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest mossmac

Hi Liz and Kris,

We totally, totally sympathise with you. We have been badgering and badgering our Case Officer about when they think our visa will be decided as it seems to be taking AGES! Eventually got news that my medical is the last thing that needs to be processed (the rest of the family's ones have all been finalised) and they said that would be done by today. After that, they said, we would hear news of our visa 'very soon'. So hang on in there! I'm sure you will get yours soon!

Sarah

Jan ’07 – Decided we wanted to go and live in Australia!

Feb ’07 – Teaching skills assessment sent off.

Apr ’07 – Teaching skills approved.

May 21st ’07 – Applied for South Australia sponsorship online.

July 12th ’07 – Received sponsorship from South Australia.

July 20th ’07 – Online visa application sent off.

Oct 30th ’07 – Case officer allocated.

Nov 20th ’07 – Medicals done and police checks sent.

Feb 18th ’08 – Medical done for our new baby.

Awaiting our visa ………………………………………………..

Hi all

I am so fed up. We got an email from LCU stating medicals had been processed and we are now waiting for our visa to be granted. I know i am being silly as some people have had to wait a lot longer than us. I get so excited everytime the postman comes and then deflated that the visa has not come. I want to contact the case officer but my wife and mother in law think this would be a bad idea as they may put us to the back of the line. I know they are right, I just hate waiting.

Very inpatient Kris

Kristian - you get excited - surely not!! Anyway, never forget mother-in-law is always right!

Seriously though it wont be long now and when it does Im sure we will hear the shouting from here! Time to get your own back on the neighbours!

Guest Amelia&Fred

If you sent your visa off in January this year and got a case officer within the month, have everything sorted and are just waiting for your visa then I think you should consider yourself to be in an extremely lucky position. There are so many people on this site including ourselves who have been waiting a hell of a lot longer causing considerable complications and stress.

If you applied in January 07 then change your signature! And I would empathise completely with your frustrating wait. Otherwise get a grip and realise how good your situation actually is!!

Don't be just another whinging pom!!

Hi Amelia and Fred,

As I said in my post I appreciate that people have had to wait much longer than us. However, we did start the process around Easter time last year which I havent put on my signature mainly because as a nurse I have had to have all my qualifications/ references/ certificates sent to oz and back and also register with SA nursing board.

As I am lucky enough to already have a job, the hospital also wish to know when my visa will be arriving so they can enrol me on induction/work rota and organise accommodation.

We dont deny for a second how lucky we are to have this opportunity and for it to have taken so little time for us to arrive at this stage, I think our type of visa and having employment has made a big difference.

We all have to take different routes to the visa - sometimes it takes longer, but we all want the same at the end of the day, it's natural to feel inpatient 'whinging pom' I thought was a bit harsh.

Kris

Guest the4hopes

Hi Kris,

Its was nice to read this to see how excited you are. We received our visa in March, when I had the phone call I didn't react how I thought I would, after months of waiting we thought we would jump and cheer, but in fact me and my husband just looked at each other in fear and some excitement realising the dream was actually now real!! No going back,just onwards to a new life a long long way away, plus I have never even been out of the uk!!!

Good luck, maybe the postman will bring you good news on Monday, remember each day that goes past is one day nearer.

Laura x

Guest Django
Don't be just another whinging pom!!

Eh????

I don't see a whinging post just an excited one. :confused: I do agree with you that others have had to wait a lot longer but then so does Kris. He isn't saying he is hard done by but keen and eager to go as we all are. :jiggy:

Pete

Hi Kris

Imagine applying in August of last year and not even having a case officer yet, that's our situation and it is awful. I too went through a phase of waiting for every email and everytime my mobile rang I thought it was our agent with the good news. Now I have had to switch off to the situation and put it on the backburner (really hard to do when there is potentially so much to organise) but I now just get on with the day to day and try to forget about it out otherwise I get soooo annoyed and disappointed all the time.

We kept contacting our agent but in the end it seemed pointless as he of course will contact us as soon as he hears anything. He said that it is often the case that when he informs people that their visa has come through, if they have had a long wait, they are not particularly enthusiastic. I think some of the enthusiasm gets worn down by the long wait but I know that really I can't wait to go!

Good luck, I really do hope you don't have to wait as long as us! You are just like all of us, you have made up your mind, mentally you have moved already and you just want to get out there and start a fantastic new life in the sun. It will happen!

Bic

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Your time will come all of you then the hard work will start.:biglaugh:

Just be patient, there is nothing else to do but make the most of the time you have left in the UK.

sarah

Guest isandev

Hiya mate,

Im sure you will hear very soon. We heard we had a case officer and then were granted the visa a week later. You have had your case officer for a while who will surely just need to check the medicals then give the stamp of approval. You will hear something next week trust me!!!!!! Nd stop whinging LOL.

Good luck.

Guest mossmac
Hi Kris

Imagine applying in August of last year and not even having a case officer yet, that's our situation and it is awful. I too went through a phase of waiting for every email and everytime my mobile rang I thought it was our agent with the good news. Now I have had to switch off to the situation and put it on the backburner (really hard to do when there is potentially so much to organise) but I now just get on with the day to day and try to forget about it out otherwise I get soooo annoyed and disappointed all the time.

We kept contacting our agent but in the end it seemed pointless as he of course will contact us as soon as he hears anything. He said that it is often the case that when he informs people that their visa has come through, if they have had a long wait, they are not particularly enthusiastic. I think some of the enthusiasm gets worn down by the long wait but I know that really I can't wait to go!

Good luck, I really do hope you don't have to wait as long as us! You are just like all of us, you have made up your mind, mentally you have moved already and you just want to get out there and start a fantastic new life in the sun. It will happen!

Bic

Hi Bic,

Read your post and just to say we really, really feel for you. Your timescale is very similar to ours and we have also (optimistically) sold our house. We are currently in the process of moving to the inlaws as we are now effectively homeless. We have had TWO case officers since October. The first one was replaced by another one at the beginning of January. Don't know why. Perhaps because I had a baby in January which 'complicated' our visa application. What I'm really tring to say is that having Case Officers has not speeded up our application one iota! We are STILL waiting and feeling really FRUSTRATED! Perhaps you will just get your visa without having a Case Officer. I have heard of this happening.

Jan ’07 – Decided we wanted to go and live in Australia!

Feb ’07 – Teaching skills assessment sent off.

Apr ’07 – Teaching skills approved.

May 21st ’07 – Applied for South Australia sponsorship online.

July 12th ’07 – Received sponsorship from South Australia.

July 20th ’07 – Online visa application sent off.

Oct 30th ’07 – Case officer allocated.

Nov 20th ’07 – Medicals done and police checks sent.

Feb 18th ’08 – Medical done for our new baby.

Awaiting our visa ………………………………………………..

It just seems really bizarre how some people's applications, like your's and our's have taken SO LONG to process. I guess we are the unlucky ones.

Sarah and John

Hey Bic, that could have been me writing your message! We applied back in August and still waiting for a case officer too. I too, like you, are trying not to think about it too much otherwise you end up going stir crazy. My agent was expecting us to have received notification of a CO by now but has now told us that things have grounded to a halt. Great news!! We're still hoping to be in Oz before the years out but getting our visa just seems such a long way off at the mo.

Nevermind, we'll just have to imagine ourselves on that beach for the time being.

Nicky

Guest Amelia&Fred

hi kris

Thanks for your reply... you should put on your signature that you started last year, it's helpful for others for sure... and cuts out confusion on your super quick visa!!! Nice one on getting a job already, I hope that I don't get ill in Adelaide and have you as my nurse - just in case you get your own back on me for stating that you could be a whinging pom!!! ;) I just thought that considering your signature timescale it was a little unfair to complain of frustration (I know that you stated other people have been waiting longer etc...) ... I like this site because it is very friendly and supportive, no hard feelings??

I hope you get your visa soon as I do everyone on this site, it is a unique and crazy process for everyone regardless of type of visa/circumstance etc...

Good luck with everything, see you in Adelaide for a scooner :)

Amelia

Guest isandev

:jiggy:Congratulations. I told you to trust me didnt I ????

When are you planning on going over???

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Gavin.

Guest thelincolns

Aww, Liz and Kris

You must be overjoyed-I know I would be :jiggy:

Do you know where you will be going-staying in the city or further away?

Best wishes

Aww, Liz and Kris

You must be overjoyed-I know I would be :jiggy:

Do you know where will be going-staying in the city or further away?

Best wishes

We will be staying near the Royal Adelaide hospital for the first month as have some free accom organised by my work. I am very pleased visa has come so quickly.

Kristian

Hello,

well done on the free accomodation. I'm hoping for you it's not the old nursing accomodation. You will however be based right in town. The RAH is next to the Botanic Gardens, which is great to sit in and have lunch. There is a kiosk there by a lake, it's nice in winter as well. There's a woolworths( it's a food supermarket here) in Rundle Mall, the food is in the basement, so don't get sucked in by the exhorbitantly overpriced convenience stores that are springing up everywhere. The central market near Victoria Square is good for food and there is a chinatown there with asian supermarkets. Good pubs in Rundle St - The Austral, especially and loads of restaurants. Anyways even if your digs are on site, they are free and it really is a good location.

Rachel

Hello,

well done on the free accomodation. I'm hoping for you it's not the old nursing accomodation. You will however be based right in town. The RAH is next to the Botanic Gardens, which is great to sit in and have lunch. There is a kiosk there by a lake, it's nice in winter as well. There's a woolworths( it's a food supermarket here) in Rundle Mall, the food is in the basement, so don't get sucked in by the exhorbitantly overpriced convenience stores that are springing up everywhere. The central market near Victoria Square is good for food and there is a chinatown there with asian supermarkets. Good pubs in Rundle St - The Austral, especially and loads of restaurants. Anyways even if your digs are on site, they are free and it really is a good location.

Rachel

Think it might be onsite accom, is it really that bad? Thanks for info on the location.

No, it will just be very basic with shared kitchen, living area and bathroom on the floor which you get allocated your room. Anyway as I said it's free and gives you a good base to look around Adelaide. What ward are you going to? Overall it's a good place to work, it's the largest hospital in the state, and is all higgeldy piggeldy as bits were added along the way and it's going to be knocked down when the new hospital is finished in about8 yrs. The new hosp is going to be about 1 k down the road.