siem&noah

Shipping costs when returning to UK

We are considering returning to UK at the end of the year and are just wondering if anyone has had any recent quotes from removal companies? We will need sole use of a 20ft container.

Thanks!

Guest vikkiann

I thought I was as well.

We arrived here in June 2012, I went back in July for 2 weeks and the family there drove me crazy!

It was the best thing I ever did making a visit because it showed me that our life is here.

Good luck.

Vikki

x

Hi Vicki

My husband is saying we should go back for a holiday first to see if it is the right decision before just jumping! Maybe it makes sense, I just cant see things getting easier regarding missing family.

Guest vikkiann

Only you know what's right for you guys as a family.

We have some fab friends here who are like our Aussie family, only without the arguments and drama!

Young lady, listen to your husband. Personally I'd use the money to bring some family members out here for a holiday rather than ruin a new life started here.

Hi Vicki

My husband is saying we should go back for a holiday first to see if it is the right decision before just jumping! Maybe it makes sense, I just cant see things getting easier regarding missing family.

I am one of the lucky few and do not really suffer from home sickness, but Linda on the otherhand does, even after 14yrs, especially as we now have grandchildren in the UK. However the first 4 years were the worse, but our plan was always to get citizenship asap so as to give us some long term options without all the hassles of visa's.

We are also now in a position where we able to return to the UK for a holiday every year, this helps Linda greatly and she has fun planning and organising the trip and things to do, like a holiday with-in a holiday with the grandkids. We are also able to help occasionally (financially) for family to come out to see us here, so as Doug says maybe you could look at this as an option and give you chance to show off your new life here, and just maybe you family could then give you some moral support,. My mother is always saying there's nothing to come back for and its your life with your family we have had ours now you have yours, mothers hay!

We wish you the best and would only add that it does get a little easier over time.:smile:

Guest leeannekays

I really miss my mum but lucky she is visiting every year whilst she can. I would do a holiday back if your really missing everyone. Xx

leeannex

Guest rooney74

Another thread was recently started with all the shipping costs for a return back to the u.k

Good luck with whatever you choose to do

Kirsten