Ashleigh

EOI submitted!!!

We submitted our EOI yesterday! Migration agent is submitting out state nomination on Monday and we have booked in our medicals for 21st September! We've used the my health declaration on the immigration website to generate us with a reference Number and referral letter to take with us! Hopefully will speed things up with us doing the medicals now!

Guest ColinOz

You should wait until you are invited to apply for the visa, because the EOI is not a guarantee of a visa grant or even an invitation.

Anyway good luck with your process

Guest Rachael M Bowen

I have to agree with ColinOZ, also do you need the 10 points from the IELTS to get you over 60 points?. You don't usually get the IELTS result back until 14 days after the test. I hope your agent is advising you correctly hate for you to pay out £300+ for medicals and not have an invite to apply for a visa. Our agent didn't do anything until I had a positive IELTS as we needed the 20 points to take us to 65. We looked on the DIAC site today and at the first round of invites 1st July they didn't offer any 189 visa invites for those with less that 65 points (1150 invites) , they only offered approx 400 ish invites for 190 visas. We were strongly advised not to apply for any medical or police checks until we have been invited to apply for a visa. It may be worth double checking on the DIAC site what the order of process is.

We have 65 points without the IELTS, we didn't realise

we would have that many so my partner luckily now doesn't have to take the test, although we have paid for it so i'm not sure if we can get our money back - if not may be worth just taking it as that would bring our points even higher and hopefully improve our chances further of gaining an invitation. Our agent hasn't advised anything with regards to medicals, we decided to book in for them, I may ring to move the medical then as we have booked in but we pay on the day so nothing lost at the minute.

Edited by Ashleigh

Guest Rachael M Bowen

They do look at higher points first so could be worth it. When I appealed my second test and it came back three levels higher we got the appeal money back £60 but we also chanced our arm at getting the £135 back for the IELTS test and this week we got it refunded BONUS!!! so may be worth asking if it can be refunded.

The age thing let me down :rolleyes: so had to get 10 points for a 190 (2nd choice) or 20 points for our 1st choice 189 visa. Even so, if I did get over 60 without IELTS Australia insist that due to my profession I have to take it anyway!!

I have just emailed them as they are closed to see if they will refund it, if not my partner may aswell take it. He did the skills test and passed this week and we get 10 points for an Australian qualification which bumped it up which we didn't realise, with us applying on the skilled 190 the IELTS wasn't a requirement but we were advised to take it as we couldn't find payment evidence for 2008-2010 employment so couldn't use those 2 years as skilled employment meaning less points. So we booked it, then trawling through paperwork found all the payment information so that gave us enough points combined with the 10 points for the Australian qualification after the successful skills test - typical!

Have you been allocated a case officer yet?

I am so impatient, this long process is going to be murder for me, I am one of those people that likes to get things done!

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Not had a CO yet. We are expecting to hear next week, but I am like you I want things yesterday!!!! So we have set a time scale if we don't hear by mid week we will contact our agent. I don't know about you but we feel a bit in limbo at the moment as we are just playing the waiting game. The last 6 weeks have felt like 6 months!!! We are hoping to book out medicals and police checks for the first week in September before Bram goes back to school then it will also give us till Sept 2014 to activate the visa. We are not planning on leaving the UK till Sept 2014 when Bram finishes his GCSE's, but the next 12 months are going to be hell!!!! Having said that we should get to know December if we have been granted a visa or not. Once we know that, it will be all systems go, selling the house, selling my car, (we are taking Trev's), arranging shipping, bank accounts, and everything else. I have to work 2 months notice so will be handing it in in May as we are wanting the whole of August off to do the last minute things. I think the weirdest thing will be booking 3 x one way tickets to Adelaide!!!

This forum has been a god send, there have been so many things on here that didn't even cross my mind, and there is usually some one able to answer your questions. x

I am like that, I have to stop myself mithering our agent! Jamie is so laid back but i'm always stressing about it!

Well good news with the IETLS, Jamie was doing it in Nottingham, emailed them this morning and they have processed the refund already so that's a bonus! Our aim is to leave April 2015, were getting married August 2014, planning on going to validate the visas September 2014 as a honeymoon to kill 2 birds with 1 stone! Jamie is self employed to has a tax return every April and gets a nice chunk of money so we want to get that as that will add to our funds. I am wishing the days away! Jamie lived there for 6 year prior, was married etc and has a little girl there so that is one of the main reasons for him wanting to go but also such a better way of life for us at the same time!

It will feel like a long time but it will fly, there will be so much to organise and sort out that it will be here before you know it!

Guest Rachael M Bowen

That's great news about the refund, a few more pennies for the Adelaide pot lol. I did 2 IELTS at Notts as it was the closest and then the third at Burton on Trent, I bet Jamie is relieved he doesn't have to go through the hassle of that too.

Can't believe you're sorting out immigration and a wedding!!! we did it the other way round we got married Oct 2012 and then started the visa process Jan 2013. So if we are there Sept 2014 when you are honeymooning (WOW )and you want to meet up let me know.

Not sure what part of UK you are from but there is going to be a meet up October time at Doncaster services for those that are in the same boat as us you are more than welcome. see the thread "meet up north" by Mandimr2 xx

good luck with every:jiggy:thing x

I know, to be honest though i have hardly thought about it since we started this process!! Luckily we have the big things sorted, good job really as it's very much on the back burner at the minute!

He is so relieved, I am too as i was quite worried about it!

Well i've just had a mini panic attack! I have received an email from one of the agents at Go Matilda (not the one we have been dealing with) asking us to check the application for state nomination, so i've had a look through and none of the employment dates match what was submitted on the EOI, not by a few days, by months! Surely it has to correspond? I have emailed her back with a copy of the EOI querying it!

Ahh, that would be good i will have a look, would be nice to meet with other people in the same boat - we're in Leicester xx