pete11

WANTED Moving into Brighton/Seacliff area- HOUSEHOLD ITEMS

Hi there, we arrived on the 3rd and have secured a lease on a rental and move in on the 28th. Our container doesn't arrive until the 28th September so we would be really grateful for anything you could spare to keep us going until it arrives. We have bought a sofa but need so much more!!! If you can spare some stuff we will defo pass on or pass back when our stuff arrives. Please PM us.x:notworthy:

Essentials

Toaster

Kettle

Fridge

pots pans ands plates

cutlery

Camp bed/airbed for four!

Blankets/sleeping bags

Dining Table and chairs

Thanks in advance, we look forward to hearing from you.

Laila, Pete, Dylan & Finlay

We have just bought ourselves a new toaster as the bread I buy is the long slice and it didn't fit in my toaster, you are more than welcome to have the old one, it is a four slice and fits the standard type sliced bread. It's still fully functional, stainless steel. Pick up from Port Noarlunga.

PM me for address.

Hi,

we have a small square table you could borrow, we use it with 2 chairs and 2 stools so if you think you could manage with that for a month you'd be welcome. When I say small I mean it's normal eating height just only about 1m square. We're moving at the end of next week so if you'd like to come and collect it before then we'd be grateful - and it'll be closer for you; we're currently in Lockleys.

Try freecycle too. We got a fair bit off there when we first arrived.

I didn't realise there was a Freecycle for Adelaide - we've used Gumtree quite a bit since arriveing and I used Freecycle loads before we left the UK so I shall now go and have a look, thanks.

Thanks Blossom, I'm a big freecycler too- didn't know it was in Adelaide. I've applied, just waiting to hear if I have been approved! Seems to be taking a while though- hope its quicker than the wait for a visa! Can't wait. WE spent some time at Unley yesterday trawling the second hand shops - i just can't believe the prices. I know one mans muck is another mans gold etc, but they really do take the micheal! 40 year old dining tables- which i do love and had one back home, purchased for $40 are on sale here for $900- now I know things are a bit dearer but that is ridiculous. Makes me wish that I had shipped more stuff. I thought that my 60's and 70's furniture was worth less than the price of shipping it - how wrong I was. If I ever go home, I'm going to hit all the second hand shops, spend $500 on filling a container and try to flog it all for $5000 here!!

:biggrin:

Perhaps that's just Unley - if you try the charity shops like The Salvos, Vinnies, Red Cross etc their furniture is much more realistically priced and there are plenty around.

Perhaps that's just Unley - if you try the charity shops like The Salvos, Vinnies, Red Cross etc their furniture is much more realistically priced and there are plenty around.

thanks for the heads up. We went to the big Red Cross shop on South road and got some bits. We then found a great shop called Second chances on 1013 South Road, (or thereabouts) and we got a solid wood dining table and bookcase including delivery for $75. A real godsend. The stock is donated and they have furniture of all kinds and a few electrical bits and bobs, cheaper than Unley by miles- and not to dissimilar in styles!

Today we picked up a couple of airbeds, sleeping bags and some kitchen starter sets from k mart. So just off to view a fridge on Gumtree and we'll be almost done.