Guest uma

GPs near Kent Town

Guest uma

Hi All,

Good Morning. We are on a PR visa having medicare for the family.

Currently we are located in Kent Town. Could some one please tell me the nearest GPs where we do not need to pay fees for consultation. Also please guide me how to registered into a GP?

Regards,

Uma

You don't need to register with a doctor, you can just go to which ever one you want to. We tried a couple before we found one we were happy with and two weeks ago we needed to take my son to see a doctor on a Sunday (ours isn't open Sundays) so we went to a different one again.

I don't know of any bulk billing doctors around Kent town, although someone else may be able to help. Try googling to find doctors in the area and see if they have a website that sets out the charges. Even if you can't find a bulk billing doctors you should be able to find the cheapest and try them first. We went to a doctors on Kensington Road (Kensington Road Medical Centre) on the Sunday a couple of weeks ago and they only charged a $40 gap fee, which I didn't think was bad for a Sunday. They are near Osmond Terrace, which wouldn't be that far away from you, so it might be worth seeing what they charge during the week.

I struggled to find a bulk billing dr when I got here. There was one in Marion but they started charging. I go to one in Elizabeth now (I work out that way).