Bitza1984

Shipping companies/costs

Hi Guys,

I have recently got my visa approved for Australia. I will be shipping approximately 10 large cardboard boxes from Uk to Adelaide.

What companies have you guys used before? Any tips for moving? What would the average price be?

It will be mostly clothes and small items like picture frames. Thanks.

N

Check out companies like Seven Seas. They will have boxes so you can work out what size you need (don't forget there are weight limits also) and order and ship as many as you need. It may work out cheaper to have a small move cube or some such over a large amount of boxes being shipped. You can cost it out.

Guest Calum

Pickfords seem quite good came to my house and gave me a quote + there a hugh well known company.

Guest louise78

Hi there we used john mason from liverpool even though were from yorkshire, they were fab and cheap.The lads were great who packed all are things. Hopefully we will meet our belongings when we get there in december.

Good luck simon louise and joe

We've just used Pickfords for our move, won't know how happy we are until our stuff arrives, but no complaints so far. They were not the cheapest but did reduce price to match a competitors post.

I also used parcel monkey to courier some stuff we needed urgently, 3 boxes with total weight 47kgs cost £250 and beat us here! Just watch out you need to specify and cost contents and anything over £1000 could attract duty, but shouldn't be an issue if you sent each box separately