Keith & Linda

Going Home....................... to Brisbane

Well after some four and a bit months I am returning back home to Brisbane, my job is almost done here, the State has a new hockey pitch..... you lucky people:smile:. This will be my last weekend in Adelaide, well maybe for the moment, as I may be back to build another hockey pitch in the Barossa Valley, but really, who would want to work there:cool:. I would like to say how much I have enjoyed being a member on this great site and all you good people too.

I would like to thank Sarah Bradley for inviting me on her Sunday walks along the beach at Brighton, and if anybody would like singing or music lessons then Sarah is the contact.:notworthy:

I hope that my thoughts, life experiences and other ramblings may, in some way have helped a few of you

I hope I have made some of you laugh as you have made me laugh too:biglaugh:

To all the people who have 'liked' me, then I like you too.:smile:

If I have upset anyone then I am sorry.:eek:

To all Lancastrians I am also sorry.........for you:wink:.

If I have annoyed anyone then..................tough:biggrin:

Tyke, my fellow Yorkshireman, you need need to get to know your fish and I need to know what you do:err:

To my proof reader jim and adel, Jim I would like to sahke you by the hand and give Adel a hug...... think i've got that the write way wound:policeman:

To Ktee, I never believed 101, and I rekon the rest were made up too:tongue:

To blossom, may it always be spring so your bloom never fades, and may your children be the clones of your petals:huh:

To snifter hope you have a safe and pleasant journey and you meet heaps of new friends especially on a Sunday:smile:

To Doug, you do a great service without fear or favour I salute you, and should we by coincidence ever meet I will buy you a pint:smile:

To claire&tel, claire the improver, may you have hit lifes last speed bump and the road ahead is straight and safe.:jiggy:

To Ali, Mr inspiration, may the job search perspiration soon end, I wish you all the best for the future and be it soon:notworthy:

Should anyone feel left out of the above then Hey! thats life! just unlike and tongue me.

To all new comers, those that are about to arrive and those tangled up in the application process mire, then I have to say that this site and its members are amongst the best and nicest folk you could deal and meet with. Also Adelaide and it's surrounds, though going through tough times at present, is a great place to live, and should my personal circumstances change then Adelaide would be the place I would head. (that would, I suspect, cause a mass exodus too)

But before you all start cheering that I am going (you still have 1 week of me yet) I will occasionally still be putting my twopenneth worth in.

Thankyou all and so long for now.

Keith (& Linda)

What a fab post :)

Thank you for joining us. Hope you enjoy being back home. Shall keep an eye open for the best hockey pitch in Adelaide ;)

Guest Claire-n-tel

awww shucks!:cute:

Enjoy being back in Brisbane guys! xxx

Well thanks guys. Nice comments there. Now for the repay.............we're all coming to Brissie to stay with you on our hols. Got the room? :smile:

Whereever you put down your roots, I hope you and yours stay well and thrive.

Well thanks guys. Nice comments there. Now for the repay.............we're all coming to Brissie to stay with you on our hols. Got the room? :smile:

Whereever you put down your roots, I hope you and yours stay well and thrive.

Heaps of rooms Doug, welcome any time. We are just two dried up old peas rattling around a big house on a small block, still got the pool though!:smile:

Cheers

Well,what can i say!:jiggy:At last?Four and a half months is a long,long time?:biggrin:TFFT?:smile:OR....the truth!You've been a breath of fresh air on here Keith and Linda,i've really enjoyed your forthright views and honesty,plus of course your sharp wit and outstanding humour!:notworthy:So,have a great time wherever you are,and promise to keep us in the picture with a few posts now and again,(or better still lots).All the very best to you both:smile:,...missin' ya already!:sad:Sue and Billy.

Thanks Sue & Billy:smile:I have enjoyed my long time here in Adelaide, my original posting was for 8-10 weeks now on 14, I was asked by the company to make a permanment move, and I can tell you it was a very close call, but it would have meant having family spread too far and wide. grandkids in the UK ( seeing them this christmas), baughter married this year in Brisbane so maybe grandkids there soon? Linda would miss out on the closeness of a Granny thing, plus some other personal wider family concerns we need to be there for over the next year +.

Thanks again and enjoy life.

Keith

Guest Guest75

What a lovely post.

Great to met you two fellow Yorkies.

Enjoyed your posts as well.

Do pop in now and again.

BTW - that was the most vague description of a fish I have ever heard or read !!:biglaugh:

Enjoy your return!!

What a lovely post.

Great to met you two fellow Yorkies.

Enjoyed your posts as well.

Do pop in now and again.

BTW - that was the most vague description of a fish I have ever heard or read !!:biglaugh:

Enjoy your return!!

Thanks Tyke, pretty feeble excuse though, reckon if you caught a memaid you wouldn't know, or what to do with her:biglaugh:

Cheers

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi
    Well,what can i say!:jiggy:At last?Four and a half months is a long,long time?:biggrin:TFFT?:smile:OR....the truth!You've been a breath of fresh air on here Keith and Linda,i've really enjoyed your forthright views and honesty,plus of course your sharp wit and outstanding humour!:notworthy:So,have a great time wherever you are,and promise to keep us in the picture with a few posts now and again,(or better still lots).All the very best to you both:smile:,...missin' ya already!:sad:Sue and Billy.

That!!

Couldn't have put it any better :biggrin:

And just because your heading back to Brisbane doesn't mean you can't stick your head in here and say hello. In fact, you better stay in touch or we really will all turn up on your doorstep to haunt you :wink::tongue:

That!!

Couldn't have put it any better :biggrin:

And just because your heading back to Brisbane doesn't mean you can't stick your head in here and say hello. In fact, you better stay in touch or we really will all turn up on your doorstep to haunt you :wink::tongue:

Thanks Mrs Bon Jovi, your welcome one and all, 1st Sunday of the month seems a good day to come up:wink:, just a shame it's outside Doug's 50km radius:rolleyes: , if stacked right, my front doorstep will sleep about 10, the rest can float in the pool.:jiggy:

wishing you well for your future here in SA.

Happy travels was lovely to meet you two ,will miss reading your views on life good luck x

Thanks DAVID.CHRISTINE, yes it was good to meet you both and the others too. Afraid you don't get away that easy, as you will still get the odd (right word I think) posting of my ramblings on life:eek:.

Happy times to you too, oh! and thanks for the x

Sorry Keith only just seen your post. Does this mean you are going to move over to the http://www.lifeinqueensland.com forum, I may even come over and join you and extend that 101 list, it can't be hard to do can it lol.

Its been great having you around, don't be a stranger for too long.

:smile:Hi everyone, just an update for anyone who is interested, back home in sunny Queensland some two weeks now and settling back nicely into life at home with the wife and dogs, catching up on all the jobs around the house. Work wise is a little quiet, so the company suggested I take a weeks annual leave, well sod that, I can look after my own holidays, so I took a week off sick instead and got some cheap flights over to Christchurch NZ south island, where my younger brother and partner from England, have gone to help with the earthquake rebuild. We went to give them a little moral support as they were going through a difficult settling time, can not afford a car to get around with, and his partner not being able to secure work, but she got a job at specsavers the day we flew out, so all was better straight away.

I hired a car and we had 3 lovely sunny days touring what is a really beautiful island which I can recommend is worth doing if you ever get the chance. We went to a place where the seals have their pups in a rocky freshwater stream with a pool for them to play in under a waterfall, amazing how friendly they are and how close you can get to them. Though we did not do it, there is year round whale watching due the the sperm whales (those of Moby Dick fame) being resident in the area We also saw some penguins, which reminded me of the little known and recorded fact of why you do not see dead penguins on the ice in Antartica, it has been found that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird with a complex but extremely ordered life, it is very committed to its family and will mate for life as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life. If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice with their beaks and claws large enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried. The Male penguins then gather in a circle around the grave and sing......................................."freeze a jolly good fellow" "freeze a jolly good fellow" and then they kick him in the ice hole!!

Have a nice weekend all

Sorry Keith only just seen your post. Does this mean you are going to move over to the www.lifeinqueensland.com forum, I may even come over and join you and extend that 101 list, it can't be hard to do can it lol.

Its been great having you around, don't be a stranger for too long.

Hi Ktee, done a few exploration visits to life in Queensland:dull:, nowhere near as good a fun as PIA, so we could very easily liven it up if we joined:biggrin:. Might just keep sticking my nose in here for the time being and annoy you lot:jiggy:

Notgoing to make many friends a LIQ now am I? :eek:

Guest Sarah Bradley

Thanks for the recommendation :) Its been a pleasure. Sunday walk is on this week if anyone wants to join Andrew and I, they are most welcome. We will be under the Brighton arch at the end of the Jetty at 2pm.

Guest Guest75
    Hi Ktee, done a few exploration visits to life in Queensland:dull:, nowhere near as good a fun as PIA, so we could very easily liven it up if we joined:biggrin:. Might just keep sticking my nose in here for the time being and annoy you lot:jiggy:

Notgoing to make many friends a LIQ now am I? :eek:

Why don't we all join LIQ and liven it up???????:swoon::swoon::biglaugh: