Blossom

Spring fishing

Hello all,

spring has sprung, and today I took the boat out for the first time in a while. The forecast looked a bit windy, so we went down to garden island.

We had four dolphins swim right up to and under the boat, we could have touched them!

I looked at a fishing report from last week, as I'm still a novice, and saw that bream and Australian salmon were what I would be likely to catch. We ended up with six salmon keepers, and a fair few chucked back under size.

A guy at the boat ramp on a kayak seemed surprised we had six fish and was complaining about the tide...

So what can I look fowards to catching in spring?

ps, my salmon are currently covered in salt and brown sugar waiting for smoking. YUM

Guest Damien

Nice one! It's always great to go fishing and a feed is a bonus, smoking those salmon after a dry brine of salt and brown sugar is the way to go too. Bloody awesome! One word of warning though, just watch what you eat out of the Port. I eat most things but would steer clear of anything from there, especially bream. Much safer to eat ocean run fish ;)

Damo