Guest Rachael M Bowen

189 visa applied for 8 weeks ago, still no case officer anyone else in the same boat?

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Hi, is anyone on a 189 visa? We are still waiting to be allocated a case officer which will be 8 weeks tomorrow. We were estimated 5-6 weeks but nothing. I am now wishing we went for the 190 as this appears to be processing quicker. I know all good things come to those that wait but I am SOOOOOOOOOOO impatient. I keep trying to trace our visa application on DIAC but it is coming back site unavailable!!!!!

25/06/13 EOI sentto DIAC.

01/07/13 invitation to apply for 189 visa

2/07/13 final visa application sent.

Did I see on here somewhere that it may be due to the upcoming elections why the process has slowed down?

hi Rachael, I think everything at the moment is taking ages i heard the skills assessment alone are taking 16 weeks + Dont worry once you actually get the case officer it shouldnt take so long, it sounds like you are more than prepared. Good Luck, Hope to see you in Doncaster.

Rachael I have just seen something on pio that somebody had commenced their visa application 9 weeks ago and has still not received a co but this guy had also attached medicals etc retropectively so he was told that he may not get a co until a final decision. It also said that the people who had logged a 190 did take preference over the 189 (this apparently happened from july 13,) there was some people contending this however but it may be a good idea to have a look on the DIAC website as this guy also said that it was stated on there. I personally think they just do them all in turn hopefully you are not waiting too long x

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Oh Ok thanks , I'll look at DIAC again. Crickey my skills assessment came back within a week!!! so yeah there does seem to be lull in the processing. We have booked our medicals got fed up of waiting for the CO so these take place next weekend.

Yes looking forward to the meet up. x

Good Luck with the medicals xxx i reckon if we have everything the CO will ask for to hand then it shouldnt take too long (well I hope not) getting a decision on the visa is the most worrying....

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Hi, is anyone on a 189 visa? We are still waiting to be allocated a case officer which will be 8 weeks tomorrow. We were estimated 5-6 weeks but nothing. I am now wishing we went for the 190 as this appears to be processing quicker. I know all good things come to those that wait but I am SOOOOOOOOOOO impatient. I keep trying to trace our visa application on DIAC but it is coming back site unavailable!!!!!

25/06/13 EOI sentto DIAC.

01/07/13 invitation to apply for 189 visa

2/07/13 final visa application sent.

Did I see on here somewhere that it may be due to the upcoming elections why the process has slowed down?

Yay!!!! got our CO yesterday, 10 weeks in total from invitation to apply. just got to complete the Form 80 and wait for the police checks then they will have all the info. Then the wait for a yay or nay!!!