Guest sophiemarisa

how long does the visa process take

Guest sophiemarisa

once you send off for the visa how long does the process take if you are accepted?

Guest sophiemarisa

i think my dad is going to apply for a visa for permanent work but i don't know what it's called

well it might be worth asking him about it first; as Blossom says it could take him a while depending on whether he's applying for independent skilled migration , or is being sponsored by an employer- in which case it might be relatively quick but he might only be going on a temporary visa anyway & doesn't necessarily mean he'll get "permanent work "

. Are you hoping to go with him then? are you still fully dependent? ie in full-time education?

Hi

It took us about 15 months to get our 190 but we had a few hold ups

* missing documents for skills assessment e mail from case officer never got to our agent

* job had moved to special conditions had to wait for new list

*medical referred (10weeeks)

Hope this some help

Kathy

Guest sophiemarisa

yes i think we're going to apply for a skilled migrants visa

For a 172 state sponsored PR visa, from submitting the skills assessment via the Australia Computing Society (the longest bit), through the State Sponsorship and finally through the medicals and on to waiting for the Visa itself - 8 months. The system has changed since we started the process in 2011 though. Good luck!