Guest bishop3912

Scouts???

Guest bishop3912

Can anyone recommend a good scout group local to Woodcroft?? Know where the groups are but want recommendations. Also does anyone know if they are meant to b structured like they are in the UK. Been to a local group (won't mention name) very disorganised & unstructured, bit of a free for all!!!! Be interested to hear people's views of their own kids groups, please. Thanks

Hi

Port Noarlunga is probably one of the best in the area, I know several people who go there. They do lots of activities and camps.

Lea

We've just finished at Fulham Sea Scouts after a year as we've moved down south (and looking at going to Port Noarlunga instead so that sounds positive Lea) and they were a super bunch - they made us feel so welcome and I have been very sorry to leave them. Our three have done *deep breathe* - ice blocking, caving, canoeing, raft building, nature walks, gliding, wombat spotting, sailing, and more.

Great bunch of leaders, parents and children.

Obviously not close to you, but just a positive experience.

Guest thestewarts912

My daughter goes to Port Noarlunga Sea Scouts, she's a cub though and really enjoys it. She was at another group before and wasn't getting very much out of it came home in tears quite a few times. Been at PNSS since December and loves it,gone on several camps and due to go on the glider camp end of this month. My son is a scout at a different group he enjoys his,though at times I think he is a little jealous of his sister. He will go over to PNSS when he's 14 as that's the group venturers attend.