Guest kamalg

IT Jobs in Adelaide

Guest kamalg

Hello All

Anyone looking for IT work (software developing / BA) in Adelaide at the moment?

For me its been more than 2 months without luck.. would love to hear from people who are

looking for work in this area !!!

Guest ColinOz

So far no luck, but I only have been here for 2 weeks, been applying to anything IT related, help desk, service desk and IT Support, but it seems that the market for software developers is really slow :S

Def worth registering with some agents - which I am sure you have done anyway - Talent International, Candle, Finite and Paxus were all helpful when I arrived - though System Admin here.

Guest BurgessFamily

The market slows down as it heads into Christmas. Does pick up again in Feb.

Guest Guest8609

I can only say Talent International were really helpful, they got several job interviews and a nice permanent job for my OH (.Net developer).

Guest kamalg

Thanks for your input all, yes i have registered with all recruiters who deal with IT, market seems to have pickup a little bit after the election but by only the slightest margin

Guest Guest8609

Today I found a nice job ad for me (IT-related) and ALMOST applied for it. Almost, because of this little note at the bottom of the ad:

'Please note I am unable to consider any candidates with-out experience working in Australia who are already residing in the country. If this is not you please do not apply.'

Guest ColinOz

Two months, still no job, about the local experience thing, I think is a DeadLock, how you want someone to acquire local experience if you don't let them work? by the way I'm volunteering at the digital hub in Grote Street, and there are some good classes if anyone wants to learn how to use things like iPads, iPhones, Tablets, kindles and that kind of things :smile:

Just IT related jobs

Cheers

Hi colin,

I work in IT support/infrastructure background. I have been here two weeks and havent really had much luck on the job front. What agencies did you register with? what did you do back in the UK?

Guest ColinOz

Sorry Bitza1984, never been in the UK before :eek:,I used to be in IT Security, try apply to everything at seek and register with talent2, hays, paxus and others, also search the forum I think there is one post somewhere with someone you can give a pm to ask for some agents numbers.

Wish you the best of luck

In the same boat here. My background is in Infrastructure support but been here 4 months now and only been able to get 3 interviews, all of which have said no!

I spend most days searching jobs sites and have registered with some agencies. I notice a few Colin mentioned I haven't tried so I'll give them a go.

Guest ringo

Hi Guys,

I am also in the IT field. My family are planning to move to Adelaide maybe end of march 2014.

Hopefully I will have a job before I reach there. I am in the networking field.

Jaws - wow are you finding looking for IT jobs down from Goolwa? There isn't much in SA outside Adelaide....and wow, you got your ACS assessment quick! Took me 12 weeks.....

December is a rough time to be looking, but things should pick up again in the New Year.

In case any of you are still looking - University of Adelaide has a very large recruitment campaign running in Technology Services at present, no agencies are being used. Register interest at the link below but all roles will be advertised individually as well.

http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/mob/cw/en/job/492262/technology-services-register-your-interest-for-our-upcoming-roles-in-2014

Guest ringo
    In case any of you are still looking - University of Adelaide has a very large recruitment campaign running in Technology Services at present, no agencies are being used. Register interest at the link below but all roles will be advertised individually as well.

http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/mob/cw/en/job/492262/technology-services-register-your-interest-for-our-upcoming-roles-in-2014

Thanks for the information. :)

Guest BurgessFamily

my company is looking for a couple of developers... http://www.seek.com.au/job/25962067

also, the recruitment company that is doing the looking for us (Adelaide Interim) also have an IT team so defo worth contacting them anyhow.

Guest larrikin
    Hi colin,

I work in IT support/infrastructure background. I have been here two weeks and havent really had much luck on the job front. What agencies did you register with? what did you do back in the UK?

Any luck on the job front yet?

Guest ColinOz

No luck at all, I'm thinking of changing my career to something less skilled but in high demand :unsure:

Guest larrikin
    No luck at all, I'm thinking of changing my career to something less skilled but in high demand :unsure:

Sorry to hear that Colin I'm not as specialized as you just standard desktop support roles, I hope something turns up for you. I'm not going to be in Adelaide until around May time but I think a different career may be the way forward.

Guest cookga

Can I ask folks what the jobs market is like for Oracle jobs... both development and admin? I'm moving out in a couple of months and this thread doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence!

Guest BurgessFamily

Check Seek.com.au... see how many jobs are on there for a good guide. :)