Caz and Ian

Oz bank account

Hi caz and Ian, Yes I have just opened a current account and savings account with NAB. Also a money transfer account with Moneycorps. I'm told NAB has plenty of free cashpoints in Adelaide and the Moneycorps A/C is for transferring money from my UK account to OZ without attracting charges that the banks would charge; (transfer and receiving fees)

I thought it was one more job off the list for when we move before Christmas. The NAB A/C is activated when we arrive in Adelaide. Until then we can deposit but not draw on it.

Guest EllieM

I would second NAB- you can transfer money across so it is waiting for you, the account is fee free (not all are here) and if you set up a meeting for your first day they will hand over your bank card straight away which makes a massive difference. Just make sure you take lots of ID with you! NAB have been really good- internet and telephone banking is easy, lots of ATMs etc

useful info, thanks. did you open the account over the phone or on t'internet? I assume it is quite easy to do? we're also looking at relocating in Dec so will have to do it from the UK.

Edited by TonyD

We've opened up an account with CBA. Was really simple and as hubby is a returning customer they waived any fees etc. plus we've had direct contact as someone has phoned and emailed to make sure account stuff is all in order for us.

Guest EllieM

I did it on the internet- there is a link on the NAB website under the accounts section about moving to Australia and it is very easy to set up through there