minkyme29

UK banking help please...

Hi all

What is the best way to authorize a transaction from overseas (from Adelaide) between two bank accounts held with different banks in the UK for sums greater than £10,000.

Currently banking with Natwest, requires a card reader to authorize transactions via online banking and limits sums to £10k a day. Telephone banking also has this limit. CHAPS not available unless done in person in-branch, and all phone numbers appear to be 0845 pre fixes which cost a fortune to phone! :arghh:

Your experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dette

Guest soggy
    Hi all

What is the best way to authorize a transaction from overseas (from Adelaide) between two bank accounts held with different banks in the UK for sums greater than £10,000.

Currently banking with Natwest, requires a card reader to authorize transactions via online banking and limits sums to £10k a day. Telephone banking also has this limit. CHAPS not available unless done in person in-branch, and all phone numbers appear to be 0845 pre fixes which cost a fortune to phone! :arghh:

Your experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dette

Hi,

I had the same problem with the same bank, despite going into the branch and being told there was no limit to how much I could transfer to another uk bank account. When I was phoning them they said the only way would involve letters going to and from Aus giving written pemmision to transfer larger amounts in one day, I ended up transfering £10000 a day as it was quicker than doing the letters thing, HIFX were understanding and were not a problem when I explained.

Simon:)