broadband tv phone

Guest twinfamily

Guest twinfamily

Can anyone recommend the best/cost effective broadband /phone/ tv package

Anyone know of good deals and also how long it takes to get broadband set up

iinet has been recommended for phone and bb, does anyone have exp of them or any better suggestions?

Thanks

Can anyone recommend the best/cost effective broadband /phone/ tv package

Anyone know of good deals and also how long it takes to get broadband set up

iinet has been recommended for phone and bb, does anyone have exp of them or any better suggestions?

Thanks

If you want TV included, the only package is with Telstra.

They are the best, but the most expensive.

if you are in a cable area, you should go with Telstra and their cable offerings. Telstra's cable is simply superb.

The OP asked for advice and people are not helping, just goto whirlpool and see how every ISP has issues. Adam for one are being panned recently, they were very good but are not as good anymore, and have sold to iinet after the ACC blocked attested buying them.

i have had issues with Telstra , they have been poor admin wise BUT they are the still the best service, they beat everyone else hands down.

OK to be helpful, I have experienced problems with 2 or 3 providers, with Telstra being the outstandingly worst, proved to me on 2 ocassions some 8 years apart, so from experience I do not tie myself into a contract with any 1 provider any more, this way I can play the field more readily and find a preferable one to suit my circumstances. Packages can be built by yourself, somewhat like Blossom has done.

Out of interest who are you with now, and what do you pay for what service?

i stand by the fact that cable is the best service.

I am (back in brisbane) with iiNET, unlimited broadband and (reasonably) unlimited calls to the UK, this is important to us as we have grandchildren, family and friends in the uk which we (Linda) much prefer to talk to than email/facebook, with some skyping too. We pay $110 per month ($100 if on contract), looking at changing very soon as other deals are on the market, infact this post has prompted me to look, but I also need to watch out for these deals for the phone not being through voip.

Also only have free tv not at all interested in pay tv

Cheers

Edited by Keith & Linda
added info

I am (back in brisbane) with iiNET, unlimited broadband and (reasonably) unlimited calls to the UK, this is important to us as we have grandchildren, family and friends in the uk which we (Linda) much prefer to talk to than email/facebook, with some skyping too. We pay $110 per month ($100 if on contract), looking at changing very soon as other deals are on the market, infact this post has prompted me to look, but I also need to watch out for these deals for the phone not being through voip.

Also only have free tv not at all interested in pay tv

Cheers

Can you send a link to the unlimited plan, I though they went up to 1tb, which is in essence unlimited, but is not.

I am always looking for good deals too.

I hate Man UTd but doesn't mean they haven't been the best.

also I want aware of Adam offering TV which the OP asked about

I hate them because they are far from the best. Their customer service is terrible when you end up having problems with them, which I did both on my home line AND mobile plans.

I base my hate on experience. I've spoken to so many people that have had terrible experiences that I know I'm not a one off.

And pointing out to the op that there are other options than a package might be helpful to them.

You don't work for telstra do you? You seem very anti anyone else's opinion.

Can you send a link to the unlimited plan, I though they went up to 1tb, which is in essence unlimited, but is not.

I am always looking for good deals too.

Plans change, come & go all the time, so my plan does not exist now, it may well have not existed when I got it as we are not in an ADSL2+ area so I talked a deal with them to ensure the uk calls included.

As per your advise I have just been checking out plans on whirlpool and then linking through to the providers web site, but the ADSL2+ is really stuffing me up for the best plans:arghh:,however there are some good but vary varied deals out there all of which need further checking out to see if suitable for my requirements before signing-up, though TPG is going to get a call from me soon.

Guest twinfamily

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm a bit confused - very interested in unlimited calls to the UK - can you please tell me more about this? Do you need to have a credit rating to get a contract? We would like to have Internet as soon as we get there. I'm not sure how long it takes to be installed?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm a bit confused - very interested in unlimited calls to the UK - can you please tell me more about this? Do you need to have a credit rating to get a contract? We would like to have Internet as soon as we get there. I'm not sure how long it takes to be installed?

There are a couple of providers around that offer the unlimited calls to several overseas countries, with TPG pushing a good bundled deal (phone and internet) deal at the moment for $80 per month but that is for ADSL2+ coverage areas, but once you get onto their web site you can punch in a post code to check the area.

We can assume your house will already have a land line to it so install costs will be small and connection time would be almost instant. Also do not believe you will need a credit rating as the amount you would owe would be small and they can also disconnect you quite quickly.

If you check out Whirlpool for all the provider deals and then follow the links to get into the web sites for further details on the plans and conditions. At present I am with iiNET.

Good luck

Postcode doesn't tell you if you can have good ADSL2, and if you do, it depends how far you are from the exchange for speeds. And when I say how far, not how the crow flies, but how much cabling is used to get to your node, and then front door. If you are more than 3kms from exchange your speeds wont be as good as advertised.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ is the forum you need.

If you are after international calls look at mobile plans too, mine has quite a lot of international calls included, as well as unlimited sms, email, data and unlimited calls in Australia land-line and mobile.

There is no right or wrong and you can spend far too long looking at it before deciding.

But what I would do, is write down what you want, prioritise it, look around, and then go for what you think is the best!

Postcode doesn't tell you if you can have good ADSL2, and if you do, it depends how far you are from the exchange for speeds. And when I say how far, not how the crow flies, but how much cabling is used to get to your node, and then front door. If you are more than 3kms from exchange your speeds wont be as good as advertised

Punching in the post code will tell you if the exchange covering that area is ADSL2+ once you know that it helps with your search for the best plan to suit your needs.

Much depends on where you choose to live. We're 40 mins from the CBD in the Adelaide Hills area. Plenty of houses, shops, normal town facilities etc but totally crap choice when it comes to broadband and phone provider (no Adam, TPG etc). Would so love one of these unlimited-everything deals but 'fraid not! Hundred dollars a month for a no-frills landline and slow connection speed.

:arghh:

I hate to disagree, but my postcode is on more than one exchange, and one has ADSL2 and one doesn't. We are not the majority but are hardly unique either.

Just trying to help the op, as when you go on the providers web sites they do have a "check for availability here" box ( note that some will give you distances from the exchange and expected speeds), you can put your actual address in here, but the op does not have an address , so a post code of their prefered area to live may help.

However the op can check out whirlpool and narrow down the plans that best suit them and then they will be a good part informed ready for when they do have a home address.

Much depends on where you choose to live. We're 40 mins from the CBD in the Adelaide Hills area. Plenty of houses, shops, normal town facilities etc but totally crap choice when it comes to broadband and phone provider (no Adam, TPG etc). Would so love one of these unlimited-everything deals but 'fraid not! Hundred dollars a month for a no-frills landline and slow connection speed.

:arghh:

Must be very frustrating Jim/Adel, my aircard drop outs in Adelaide really got to me some times, could turn a sane person to violence! hope something comes along to your area soon.

Also something the op will find out when doing a post code check on a providers availability of service.

I have been with Telstra for 7 years now and find them very good

I have 200gb Broadband, home telephone with local free calls, UK calls for 2c per minute and also have Foxtel Platinium package and an additional outlet for $240 per month and have had no trouble with them apart from a mishap with billing when we moved but with electronic billing now that wont happen. Moving again and they have waived their fees for the broadband and telephone.

Sandra

Edited by sparkly cat