Guest chelsyleon

Please help to get an insight of banking jobs in Adelaide

Guest chelsyleon

Hi,

Me and my husband got 190 visa approved and planning to move to Adelaide soon. At present we both are working.could you please help me to understand the job market there.

1.we are planning our first visit in Ian 2014. Is it a good time in terms of job availability.

2.please advise is it possible for us to find a job from overseas or is it a must to be there in person for interviews.

3. How is the job market there;

a) my husband is in IT Security and got good experience in his field.how soon we can expect to find a job.

b) I hv got experience in investment banking, specifically equities trading, trade support and settlements. Please advise, are they any firms recruiting in this field.

4)we did a search through seek.com and few other sites, please advise any other method other than job sites for job search in Adelaide.

appreciate your help 😄

Hi, just sat an a lounge in Singapore killing time whilst typing this. We are returning from our 2nd visit to Adelaide and would suggest that employment agents are about as useful as a chocolate teacup. I am well qualified, great experience and very professional with great reputation however unless you are actually stood there having moved to Adelaide requiring work immediately then they are simply not interested. Hayes have been of some help however would not meet face to face. Plan b is to approach companies directly from UK.

Best of luck, I know Sydney is the IT capital and I beleive most banks Aus headquarters are Melbourne.

S

Agree about having to be in Adelaide. The recruitment agent / HR like to telephone you to see if you are still interested in attending an interview. If you have a UK telephone number and address, they just won't bother unless they are really desperate.

I've been applying for jobs for about 18 months and nothing in the UK. Been here less than 24 hours and have an interview next week.

I work for one of the banks in their IT department in Adelaide - had the interview 3 days after we landed - was pretty lucky.

In terms of IT recruitment, try Paxus, Talent International, Candle and Finite - all agencies that were very helpful with my IT recruitment, and were happy to meet face to face.

Guest chelsyleon

Thank you guys for the updates.. :)

What about the jobs in banking sector?what are the chances of finding a job in equity trading. from my search, i couldn't find many.anyone, please help me to understand.

I don't think Adelaide is a great dealing centre to be honest! If you have worked in equity trading, have you ever come across a firm that trades out of Adelaide? I would suggest you use your industry contacts as if there is any trading in Adelaide, it is probably a very, very small market!

I found this for you http://www.e-stockbroker.com.au/south-australia/adelaide/adelaide

Guest chelsyleon

Thanks Diane for the link. It was very informative. :)

I will have to start working on it now. Hope to find a job in Adelaide soon. from my research i understood its a great place.

Thanks everyone for the help.