Sign in to follow this  
Guest kapilkhera2005

489 visa query

Guest kapilkhera2005

Query 1:

My 475 - Visa Grant Date is 14 June 2012. In future, If I would apply for 489 visa and after getting it sucessfully granted

its expiry date would be 14 June 2012.

Please confirm my understanding

Query 2:

My wife and daughter, holding 475 visa, were not able to enter into Australia on their Initial entry date.

After 1.5 years, I need to extend my visa to 489 to ensure that I will qualify for 887 visa.

Can I include my wife and daughter in my 489 visa application.

The dependents who were included in 475 visa application but not validated their visa are eligible to apply for this 489 visa ?

Thanks and Regards,

KK

Edited by kapilkhera2005

Guest lebour

As a holder of a 475 visa, you can apply for 1 one year extension 489 to help meet the requirements for 887. I believe that the 475 gave you 3 years from date of first entry - the one year extension will be from when the 475 expires. You can only hold 2 provisional visas.

Your wife and daughter will need to apply for the 489 subsequent entry visa - you can not include them in the application for an extension as they do not currently hold a valid visa. A subsequent entry visa will be new application a new application fee for wife an daughter - your looking at about $4500 just for the application fee.

Once they are holders of 489 and have validated their visas, you will be able to include them on the 887 application once you meet the requirements.

Guest kapilkhera2005

Thanks a lot lebour for your response. Does my wife needs to qualify ielts exam? If yes then how much she needs to score in the exam. Thanks , KK

As a holder of a 475 visa, you can apply for 1 one year extension 489 to help meet the requirements for 887. I believe that the 475 gave you 3 years from date of first entry - the one year extension will be from when the 475 expires. You can only hold 2 provisional visas.

Your wife and daughter will need to apply for the 489 subsequent entry visa - you can not include them in the application for an extension as they do not currently hold a valid visa. A subsequent entry visa will be new application a new application fee for wife an daughter - your looking at about $4500 just for the application fee.

Once they are holders of 489 and have validated their visas, you will be able to include them on the 887 application once you meet the requirements.