Guest Guest75

Country shows...

Guest Guest75

If you like a proper old fashioned country show you should try some of the local Aussie ones.

Great days out, simple fun. Real "Mum and Dad" stuff.:smile:

We are popping down to the Yankalilla /Myponga/ Normanville show tomorrow. Weather looks great!:cool:

Here is the link to the day tomorrow, the site has the complete list also.

http://www.sacountryshows.com/pages/sa-country-shows/yankalilla-rapid-bay-myponga-show.php

Guest Guest75

It was a bit quieter than expected today,some good little exhibits,stalls and stuff but not much going on in the way of livestock or competitions in the ring.

Oh well ,Strathalbyn Show on Monday !!

Pleased to see the Port Elliot Show is on next weekend on the 12th and 13th. Certainly going for a peek on the 13th!

Couple of nice old cars at the show. Not highly restored either!!!

WP_20131005_14_12_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20131005_14_13_48_Pro.jpg

The Yankallilia one was advertised in our local paper this week but it didn't say where it was; as we were busy anyway I didn't think too much of it but it might have been helpful to have a location!

We might take a pootle over to Callington since my husband's family still lives in Callington, Cornwall it's always funny that there's one so close here. Do you think there'll be cakes?

Guest Guest75
    The Yankallilia one was advertised in our local paper this week but it didn't say where it was; as we were busy anyway I didn't think too much of it but it might have been helpful to have a location!

We might take a pootle over to Callington since my husband's family still lives in Callington, Cornwall it's always funny that there's one so close here. Do you think there'll be cakes?

There are ALWAYS cakes at country show!!

Not been to the Callington show before so it's a strong possibility!

Have you been to yankalilla? There is the yankalilla show grounds on the right at you go towards normanville. It isn't a big place, so I'm guessing the show grounds is where it's held. ;-)

Guest Guest75
    Have you been to yankalilla? There is the yankalilla show grounds on the right at you go towards normanville. It isn't a big place, so I'm guessing the show grounds is where it's held. ;-)

Yes,it was at the showgrounds on the road to Normanville.

Guest Guest75
    I bet no Honey Biscuits though :nah::smile:

Not forgotten we need to arrange a meet - just to sample your honey biscuits. No pressure or anything!

If you like a proper old fashioned country show you should try some of the local Aussie ones.

Great days out, simple fun. Real "Mum and Dad" stuff.:smile:

We are popping down to the Yankalilla /Myponga/ Normanville show tomorrow. Weather looks great!:cool:

Here is the link to the day tomorrow, the site has the complete list also.

http://www.sacountryshows.com/pages/sa-country-shows/yankalilla-rapid-bay-myponga-show.php

Brilliant idea.

Thanks for the share