Liz and Kris UK

Visa Granted wooooooooooooo

hi all

Exciting news I have just had an email confirming visa has been granted. Email states I should now send my passport to the nearest off shore office to get visa granted. I believe this is australia house in London. How did people send there passports to be stamped by courier etc? As would like to get it send off today.

I am so happy

Kristian

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Well done on your visa

We sent ours recorded delivery, got them back very quickly too! Was not impressed with the visa...I was definatly expecting something more exciting!

sarah

Guest Django

Myabe you will stop whining now about how long you've been waiting. :rolleyes::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Well done Kris. With a bit of luck we won't be that far behind you. :) Now to book the flights.

Pete

Guest soggy

congratulations, enjoy the feeling,

I recieved instructions for visa evidencing ( getting the visa stuck in the passport) when I got my visa grant email, it tells you to use the silver special delivery pouches, include one pre paid and addressed for there return to you, I posted the instructions on here so maybe a search will turn up something.

Have fun now :D:D:D:D

Simon

Guest ems

Well done on geting your visa, i'm guessing there will be lots of celebrating in Nuneaton tonight.

Emma.x :)

Hey Liz and Kris,

Congratulations you whinging pom....!!!! Our passports came back in about 5 days....used a recorded silver pouch there and back.

See you on the other side!

Dan and Steph

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Congratulations on the visa!! Fab feeling isn't it. Yes we sent our by silver poch obtained from the post office, you pay for its return as well. I think all the info how to send is sent to you, also the counter staff at PO are normally very helpful if you explain what you want. Great news

Guest caoimhe

Wow 3 months from lodging your application till getting visa, took us 6 to get case officer.

Great news tho and congratulations to you both.

Hope all goes well

Hey Liz and Kris,

Congratulations you whinging pom....!!!! Our passports came back in about 5 days....used a recorded silver pouch there and back.

See you on the other side!

Dan and Steph

Ha ha Dan, I can stop whinging now. Would love to go out and celebrate tonight but I am on nights unluckyyyyyyyy

Kris

Guest jill wright

Hi

Well done what visa you going on doesn't seem to have taken long

All the best

Jill

Hey...throw a sicky...what they gonna do...sack ya!!?!?!

So flights now then...? This is just the beginning mate!

Dan and Steph

Guest jill wright
    Hi Jill,

We are going on a regional sponsored migration scheme as my OH has a job as a nurse.

Liz

Hi we go on the regional sponsored migration scheme ours being the sir 475. Phil is a baker and his skill is on modl list so hope that gets processed quick. looking at other peoples timescales yours seems to be the quickest. Have just e lodged ours better get house up for sale

Bet your really excited you sold up yet

Jill

Hi Jill

Yes thats the same as us, although the visa has only taken a few months we started sending off kris's nursing documents around easter time 2007. We had to wait for him to join oz nursing board and get a nomination number from his employer.

We are not selling our house we are going to rent it out for a year and see what state its in after that! ha ha we only bought it a few years ago.

We are very excited, I just hope we get there still married as Kris is already stressing me out panicking!

Liz

Guest jill wright

Phil luckily had his skills assessment done through TRA 2 years ago and is still valid we didn't apply for visa then cos got accepted as a student nurse did a year but was abit too demanding ( have just gone 40)and stressful for me (although loved uni)so packed in. decided to go ahead now with plans cos would have emigrated anyway if i'd done the three years and qualified no way could have worked in NHS here.

Sure it will be stressful for you but so exciting

all the best keep us all posted

Jill

Guest mossmac

Congratulations on getting your visa, Liz and Kris.

Your medicals were done the day after our new baby's medical and my chest x-ray were done at the Hadwen Medical Centre, Gloucester. HOPEFULLY this may mean we might get our visa soon too...................... or maybe not!

Sarah

Jan ’07 – Decided we wanted to go and live in Australia!

Feb ’07 – Teaching skills assessment sent off.

Apr ’07 – Teaching skills approved.

May 21st ’07 – Applied for South Australia sponsorship online.

July 12th ’07 – Received sponsorship from South Australia.

July 20th ’07 – Online visa application sent off.

Oct 30th ’07 – Case officer allocated.

Nov 20th ’07 – Medicals done and police checks sent.

Feb 18th ’08 – Medical done for our new baby.

Awaiting our visa ………………………………………………..