Diane

Petrol stations running out of fuel

Just had a panicked phone call from my daughter who has run my (she thinks it's her) car down to almost empty, and has tried three petrol stations tonight who have all run out of fuel! I know they are talking about fuel shortages in NSW and VIC after the recent tanker crash, but looks like it's here too.

Plenty of diesel when I filled up earlier. Must just be petrol? Although there weren't any issues at about 6.30pm where I was. Luckily there's plenty of public transport options around the city and suburbs if it does all run out. They always have reserves.

Guest smit

Dont know what causing but went to station earlier and have run out of 91, but selling 95 at same price. drove past 2 other stations and didnt have 91......maybe i better look at local news for once!!!!!

My husband had trouble getting diesel tonight, tried Caltex, Coles and finally filled up at BP on the Run. The price was about the same he always pays, so it must just be a shortage at some filling stations.

I don't think the shortage was down to panic buying - just the basic rules of supply and demand: people filling up with petrol and no tankers arriving to fill up the stations fuel tanks!

Apparently a lot of the tankers used in SA have been seconded over to NSW as so many have been taken off the road there as they were found to be unsafe ..... hence less deliveries here, and consequently a possible shortage. I went past 6 servos today from Woodcroft to Camden Park and back, and all had petrol, and no queues either. Prices are normal too. As a side note to those down south the Caltex on MSR at O'Halloran Hill, is closing down for a refurb from next Monday the 14th.

Guest Claire-n-tel
    What is panic buying, you can't stash it at home? Or is everyone buying extra cans?

We saw someone yesterday filling up 3 cans!......probably mostly people filling their tanks and keeping them full when they usually wouldn't. Won't use more fuel in the long run but will use up what is available now faster