Guest mandmick

Re- Entry Visas! Be careful!

Guest mandmick

Check your visa dates for re entry if you're going overseas as we've just returned from a holiday and had to pay $345 each and our citizenship application is delayed for another year!

We had no idea we had to have a re entry visa after 5th year and after 4 years here we were going to apt for citizenship, once we got back from our holiday.

However? We can't as we had our visa cancelled so we now have to complete another year here before we can apply!

If you're planning a trip overseas in your 5th year make sure you get citizenship first!

If your visa has a 5 year expiry like mine, you need to get a resident return visa before travelling overseas if you leave after it's expired. This is what I will have to do next year as I don't qualify for citizenship till January, however as it takes so long I wouldn't have got it before I travel in March.

We had no idea we had to have a re entry visa after 5th year and after 4 years here we were going to apt for citizenship, once we got back from our holiday.

This was explained in your visa grant letter.

Your visa was almost certainly not cancelled.

It is highly likely that the information you received bout citizenship delay was wrong.

There's nothing to warn about. Like xzibit and wrussel wrote everything is explained in the visa grant letter very clear.

Also does not your visa expire after 5 years, only the travel facility has expired and has to be renewed. I would check before travel, anyway if I'm still in the 'safe' timeframe and obtaining a RRV just in case 6 months before the travel facility expires.