Guest AnthonyT

Changes to Occupation

Guest AnthonyT

Hi,

I just submitted my documents to vetassess and just found out that my occupation ( ICT Business Development ) is now only for SPECIAL CONDITIONS. I still do not have the results from vetassess but just thinking ahead, any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony :jiggy:

Guest ColinOz

ohhh that is such a bad luck :( , try next year or maybe another state that has that profession in their list

Hi,

I just submitted my documents to vetassess and just found out that my occupation ( ICT Business Development ) is now only for SPECIAL CONDITIONS. I still do not have the results from vetassess but just thinking ahead, any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Anthony :jiggy:

Is ICT Sales Representative still on the list? That was the closest match for me at the time when I was lodging with Vetassess. Otherwise as suggested maybe look at other states

Guest AnthonyT

Thanks guys, any ideas on how often they change the occupation availability? They just changed this 18 days ago....wondering if I should wait it out or just go on to another state.

Hi Anthony,

So sorry to hear your news, similar thing happened to us we finally decided to go to WA on a 489 Visa with hubbys job and whilst out there on a reccie decided we would like to carry on and emailed our Agent to do so to find out when we got home they had taken his job off WA Skills List and that new list be updated in October, our Agent seems to think that it wont change until the new year as it goes very quiet in Dec/Jan and advised us to loade an EOI for either SA or Victoria just in case it did not come back on WA list and also got taken off SA and Victoria too!!

So I would advise you to do the same, the other thing she did say was that if we where going on a Permanent Visa we could go to WA if we chose to even if our job was not on the list. Dont waste time waiting if you can and apply to another state, what visa are you looking that anyway?

Bal.

Guest AnthonyT

Hi Bal,

Appreciate the advise, I'm going on a 190 visa, really hoping for a miracle once I get my VETASSESS results. Let's see if things change, actually, I've been doing a lot of research and for my skillset, it's ACT or Adelaide only.

Anthony

Anthony,

Once you get your Permanent 190 Visa our agent did say to us we could go anywhere we wanted in Oz!! Do you have a preference as to where you go??

Hope this helps!!.

Bal.