speedygixer

Mawson lakes or north gate ?

Hi all can't decide where to rent . We like new build areas and been told some good and bads !

What does everyone no about these places ?? Is it high crime here ? What are schools like ? Any shops ect ?? Parks ?

What part of ml is nicer ?

How long to get to city ? Or beach ?

Many spiders or snakes there

TIA xxx Emma and tony

We live in Mawson Lakes.Great transport links and lots of safe park areas for kids to play.

My sons are grown up but neighbors kids go to Mawson Lakes Primary school and they are happy with it.My son did a teaching practical at this school and enjoyed it.The only comment my neighbors had was that the children call the teachers by their first names.

"The only comment my neighbors had was that the children call the teachers by their first names"

I think this is maybe common here in the lower classes at least because my youngest uses first names at her school too, but when they reach Upper Primary they revert back to Mr & Mrs (Ms/Miss). Maybe just helps with the transition?

Hi There,

We live in Mawson lakes also and we love it, the beach is 15min away and there is a train station and bus service to the city and surrounds , Brookside and the Bridges I would say personally are the better areas but I say that and we do not stay in that area ourselves we stay mawson lakes central.

Regards

Gary and Shiv

"The only comment my neighbors had was that the children call the teachers by their first names"

I think this is maybe common here in the lower classes at least because my youngest uses first names at her school too, but when they reach Upper Primary they revert back to Mr & Mrs (Ms/Miss). Maybe just helps with the transition?

They do this at the school my kids go to because some of the teachers have last names that are too hard for the little kids to say properly.

OP personally I prefer Mawson Lakes to Northgate, not for any particular reason except it just feels nicer to me. We considered Mawson Lakes as a place to live and had a look at the schools. The primary school seemed quite good but we weren't too keen on the senior school it's zoned for. There is a good private school there though (can't remember the name), loads of shops, a University of South Australia campus and pretty good transport links. In the end we ruled out living in Mawson Lakes because it's too far from my Mother in Law.

I wouldn't expect either place to have any more snakes or spiders than anywhere else to be honest.

Snakes are unlikely in either but possible anywhere. As for spiders the larger ones are harmless (huntsman are common) we have had less since we got a dog though.