LemonLimeBitter

Ice Skating .. Noarlunga or Thebarton

Hi

Has anyone used either the Noarlunga or Thebarton ice skating rink for either an ice-skating session or a kids birthday party.

I've been to the Noarlunga one and found it quite run down so really want to know what the Thebarton one is like, in comparison, as I'm considering having a kids party there.

Thanks in advance

LLB :smile:

It's not all shiny and fancy inside, but I've been there with the kids a few times and a good time was had by all. Perhaps go along for an hour after school one day and check it out? I'd be fine with it, but depends what you are looking for/hoping for!

The Thebarton one I am talking about btw!

It's not all shiny and fancy inside, but I've been there with the kids a few times and a good time was had by all. Perhaps go along for an hour after school one day and check it out? I'd be fine with it, but depends what you are looking for/hoping for!

The Thebarton one I am talking about btw!

Thanks Diane .. not looking for anywhere posh but don't want it run down either :)

As I say, I want a kids party there and I want to feel comfortable whilst the kids are having fun. Obviously the kids would be sitting down to have their food etc and it's hard to explain, but when I've been to the Noarlunga one, just feels grubby, and wouldn't want to eat there, sit in there for long.

Edited by LemonLimeBitter

Think you might feel the same about Thebarton tbh... the staff there seem really friendly and helpful, but from memory it is a little 'rough and ready' where you sit to eat! It's a year or so since I've been there though, may have been spruced up since!

Daughter had a skating party at Noarlunga and would agree its pretty run down looking,but have to say daughter and her friends had a real fun time and thought it was fab,i think we notice stuff like that more than they do. As well as the party food and cake also ended up buying hot chocolates for everyone,turned out quite expensive.

Sue

We have done parties at Thebarton, but took our own food and cake. It made it much cheaper. Also the thing I noticed here while my children were growing up is that fancy food is not central to the party and no one really gets excited by the cake so something just to put the candles on will do, ie homemade chocolate cake decorated how you want.

Thanks for the replies .. yeah and I agree, it's probably that I notice those things and the kids couldn't care less .. they're too wrapped up in their fun (and that's how it should be).

I didn't realise you could take your own food/cake .. that would be great as I'm not keen on the hotdogs/crap nuggets choice they give, anyway. At least I could make some homemade food. yay!

thanks for replies, appreciate it. :)

Can I just also ask, have any of you been to both places and can you advise if one is any better than the other or are they on a par? It's just the noarlunga one is a lot closer to me, so if they are similarI may as well just go there, but don't mind travelling if the thebarton one is any better. Thanks again :)