kadina

What do i need to get UK telly to work please ?

We our HD telly from the UK thinking it would work fine over here without the need for any additional assistance we were obviously wrong can anyone tell me what I need to get it working or will it not work over here? thanks

Guest sithewindows

Change the plug.

We our HD telly from the UK thinking it would work fine over here without the need for any additional assistance we were obviously wrong can anyone tell me what I need to get it working or will it not work over here? thanks

Now we don't have analogue systems it won't work without a set top box. UK digital is (I believe) different to Aus.

Were you unsure of the analogue of systems being turned off earlier this year?

If it's a digital TV then try retuning it. We brought one Sony digital tv with us 4 years ago (and it was already a couple of years old then) and in the menu it had tuning options for all European countries. Tuned to UK it didn't bring up any channels so we retuned it to either France or Germany and it picked the channels up. Hope this makes sense.

Guest MandiMR2

I was told the same as guspjmh above & mentioned it to a friend who is out there now & it worked!

We had to retune with the TV set to Germany but since the digital change over that nolonger works. You'll need a set top box. Remember if you buy any local DVDs they may not work unless your player is multi regional. You can get some makes of DVD players unlocked - its pretty cheap and quick.

thanks for all your comments, yes its a digital tv, yes I know analogue went ages ago I used to live here, and thanks re the dvds I have a multi region player, thanks for the comment re the set top box I was hoping that would work so I will get one of them many thanks, the changing of the plug was pretty obvious but thanks

thanks for all your comments, yes its a digital tv, yes I know analogue went ages ago I used to live here, and thanks re the dvds I have a multi region player, thanks for the comment re the set top box I was hoping that would work so I will get one of them many thanks, the changing of the plug was pretty obvious but thanks

Analogue only finally died a death here in Adelaide in April of this year... :sad:

Guest sithewindows

Sorry about stating the obvious. My sense of humour and the fact that I had just been and cleared Mitre10 out of plugs to change all my electrical over.

Guest taffs

For those wanting to use UK Electrical equipment in OZ, such as TV`s etc, buy some universal travel plug adapters before you leave they only cost a couple of quid and you wont need to get the plugs replaced when your out there

Guest rustybin

I bought a digital aerial for $6 from Kmart works a treat and no monthly payments

Thanks Rustybin - couldnt wait until tomorrow so tried it tonight - the telly doesnt find any digitl channels but when I plug in my set top box with the hdmi cable it works perfectly, including sound! happy days!