Long term rental without a job

coastie

Hi,

I've been staying with a relative for the past month or so while I've been researching places in Adelaide and looking for a job.

My girlfriend, girlfriend's father, 20ft container and, most importantly, my little cat will be arriving at the beginning of December.

I don't currently have a job but have a fair bit of savings. Would this be enough to secure a longer term rental? I'm thinking if I could supply a bank statement showing $xxxxx and give the details of a character reference who lives in Adelaide and is a citizen. Would that be enough?

Appreciate any advice please.

Thanks,

Coastie.

That's exactly what we did 9 months ago. We photo copied our bank statement and showed the estate agent to prove we could pay the rent, paid for 2 months in advance and it was fine. We had a few character references too from work colleges and that was fine too. good luck with your new adventure. we have been here 9 months now. It hasn't been an easy ride but its definitely worth it and all coming together for us now. Loving it xx

That's exactly what we did 9 months ago. We photo copied our bank statement and showed the estate agent to prove we could pay the rent, paid for 2 months in advance and it was fine. We had a few character references too from work colleges and that was fine too. good luck with your new adventure. we have been here 9 months now. It hasn't been an easy ride but its definitely worth it and all coming together for us now. Loving it xx

Thanks css. Which estate agent did you use?

Coastie.

Guest sithewindows

We offered 6 months up front if they accepted a 6 month lease which they did.

Hi,

I've been staying with a relative for the past month or so while I've been researching places in Adelaide and looking for a job.

My girlfriend, girlfriend's father, 20ft container and, most importantly, my little cat will be arriving at the beginning of December.

I don't currently have a job but have a fair bit of savings. Would this be enough to secure a longer term rental? I'm thinking if I could supply a bank statement showing $xxxxx and give the details of a character reference who lives in Adelaide and is a citizen. Would that be enough?

Thanks,

Coastie.

Thanks,

Coastie.

That is similar to our situation.

Arrived in October (2013) and got a good house for a long term rental within a week and a half.

We had even 2 cats and accepted to a property where initially it was said 'no pets'.

Presented a bank statement, offered 6 month rent in advance and got a place. Still, the real estate agency produced normal contract with 2 rent of advance pay.

We have seen the same agent on 2 other properties (cheaper), had some conversation, he remembered us and offered another house to see which we applied for and got it.

Don't think there was much competition anyway though.

Try to see as many properties as possible, some of them will have very few or no people applying at all.

Thanks for your replies.

I noticed there aren't so many 15 minute viewings. I never understood them. How can anyone make a decision in 15 minutes? Or am I missing something?

I spoke to an agent yesterday and they were happy with the bank statement.

Coastie.

I believe it is more than enough. Most people I saw at inspection did it very quickly. Within several minutes for a 3-bed house.