Riponian

Holiday choices that are drivable from Adelaide

Hi folks I am after suggestions of where to go in January when my family come from the UK but it has to be somewhere we have not been yet... So Barrossa, Clare, Flinders, Riverlands, Southern coast and Halls Gap all out! I want to show them Oz as they will never come again, but ideally we will be driving so needs to be drivable in a day and bit.

Has to be kid friendly too open to suggestions and don't suggest KI as other half has ruled that out - Please help :-)

Sorry I cannot really help with SA or Victoria but may I suggest you look at some of the cheap flights that come up now and again, can work out cheaper than driving, I know Jetstar had some really good deals for mid January. We have done that a couple of times now with our uk visitors.

Good luck and have a great time.

Keith

The only place that comes to mind is Port Lincoln and the Eyre Peninsula. Go diving with sharks! Coffin Bay is very scenic. The west coast of the peninsula is very rugged with spectacular cliffs and pounding waves.

Edited by Anne B

Guest Rustyspoon

http://www.southaustralia.com/info.aspx?id=9002919

This link is a great place to stay down in the Innes national park which has beautiful rugged scenery and remoteness, about 4 hours from the city down the Yorke peninsula.

Supposedly difficult to get a booking but worth a shot. Plenty of wildlife and walking.