siandear

Kangaroos

Hi - does anyone have any suggestions of where we can spot some wild kangaroos? My kids are visiting and I would love to spot some wild ones.

xx

Deep creek. There are LOADS down there.

I concur ! And it is also a beautiful place to visit, with some nice treks to do:

Kangaroos in Deep Creek conservation Park

Guest Guest75

Onkaparinga Hills. follow the road that runs alongside the Onakapringa Gorge (Range Road?) - close to dusk.

Look for open patches of grass with tree to the side - looking North.

Sometimes mobs of up to 50 come out to graze.

Drive slowly on that road as Roos do clear the fences easy .

Do NOT try and approach as there is always a protective male watching over and he will box you.

Guest Claire-n-tel

If you want somewhere close try Belair NP lots of roos around and we took my Mum there when she was over and spotted 9 koalas in half an hour!

I agree with Deep Creek - I took my cousin from America there a few years ago now. And I saw at least 50 all "lounging about" in a valley. I was very surprised because sometimes you only see a few. There are nice walks and some of the views are stunning.

If you want somewhere close try Belair NP lots of roos around and we took my Mum there when she was over and spotted 9 koalas in half an hour!

Yes Belair National Park is great. Personally I've seen quite a few sleepy koalas there. We even came across one on the path and they look funny when they are running away - quite quick too. I remember when I first heard the sounds they make it was quite scary as they sound like a wild pig or something.

Commercial road Seaford meadows heading towards port noarlunga cliff avenue roundabout a paddock running towards port noarlunga around dusk loads of them

Deep creek. There are LOADS down there.

Foxes there too - though probably not as exciting to UK visitors!