Guest Claire-n-tel

Off on our $99 Airasia flight this morning!

Guest Claire-n-tel

The day has arrived!.....Yep we managed to bag the promotional $99 flights to KL with air aisa, 4 of us return for 850 bucks:biggrin:

We take of at 11 am for 8 hour flight, we are prepared to be cramped etc but excited!!

I have flown airasia in asia and the planes didn't feel cramped. The seats were comfy and due to short flights we didn't need to buy food. I'm sure at that price it will be fine :D.

Guest Claire-n-tel

Evening All!

Well we arrived back home this morning.....had a fantastic time......Air Asia was actually great, on both journeys there were lots of empty seats, on way out we had 3 seats per couple and last night we each had 3 seats each so all able to lay down and get a few hours slepp!

The plane was good, seemed new and was very clean etc, you get to pay for Everything extra (even if you want to make sure you are sitting with you travel compainion!) but we knew all that, the food and drinks are not expensive at all ($3 for bottle of water) If we managed to get bargin flights again we would not hesitate to flying them!

Air Asia was actually great, on both journeys there were lots of empty seats, on way out we had 3 seats per couple and last night we each had 3 seats each so all able to lay down and get a few hours slepp!

Great that you had a nice time but let's hope the numbers soon improve. With the fanfare of their arrival and the promotional prices, Air Asia X will be disappointed the flight was that empty - especially as they're initially only doing four flights from Adelaide per week.

Recently there was a spokesman for Singapore Airlines on the radio talking about AAX's arrival at Adelaide, and while he showed some bias, he made the point that Singapore has more empty seats on its flights to and from Adelaide each year than the total number of seats that will be available from AAX. He said that this was the case even after all they do to try to fill those empty seats through specials and last-minute deals that were on par with AAX's low prices. I'm not sure he was comparing like with like given that different airlines don't all fly to the same destinations, but I take his point.